Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jailbreaks

Whitelisted Predator Coroneljones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    MP is boring as fuck. Nobody does anything to get brig time because they all know it takes fucking forever to get out for anything serious and once marines deploy you just sit around and fiddle yourself while looking for ANYTHING to do. People who actually fight and try to escape arrest is what makes MP fun.

I'm personally of the opinion that the sort of person who plays MP and then cries about marines interrupting/ganging you when you're performing arrests are the sort of people who just deadass shouldn't play MP. Arrests by themselves are not particularly fun. There's nothing fun with saying "You're under arrest for [crime]. Please lie down.", pulling out cuffs, and then slowly dragging the person to brig while they SSD. Those mains are the kind of people who can't comprehend that you shouldn't just walk onto a seriously crowded Alamo, alone, without backup or effective use of flashbangs, when your target is actively grab intenting through people to escape you. They expect everyone to just stop everything to let you perform your arrest.

They're also the sort of people who then complain that their tools aren't enough to arrest people.

They are. Easily. lmao.

Scream over comms for backup, prime flashbangs and tear gas nades, spam your taser, use your stunprod indiscriminately, carry spare equipment, and act FAST. Don't sit smack dab in the middle of a group of marines while they're recovering from stun and try to handcuff somebody, it won't work. Drag that person away while they are in stun and then slip the cuffs on them, or else you'll just get interrupted as you're cuffing somebody by a marine moving you. Don't be stingy with your stuns on people who appear to be attempting to interrupt. If it looks like they're trying, then just put them down ASAP.

Playing MP is a fucking BLAST when marines are rioting against you. The same marines who regularly fight back against MPs (Delta) are also the sort of people who don't behave unreasonably when resisting arrest. They won't pull out knives and start shanking you to death. They'll disarm you and bodyblock you, pocket your taser, pick up your flashbangs and throw them back at you, but they won't go lethal or escalate beyond what they should as marines resisting arrest. It's completely harmless the vast majority of the time, but way too many MP mains cry and bitch about arrests like that for some reason or another and it astounds me.

Jailbreak would, in all likelihood, be executed the exact same way. People aren't going to murderize the MPs in their attempts to rescue their buddy unless it's a Code Red escalating into Delta (boarders are on their way), they'll just try to redirect the MPs elsewhere while breaking down walls or hacking doors open. If MPs are breaking the rules by not having at least one MP watch the prisoners at all times, then they really do deserve to get people rescued from under their noses.

It's fair to say "it's an OOC offense to try to murder MPs while performing jailbreak unless under specific circumstances such as boarding AND the prisoner needs to have a long sentence", but slapping a complete and total OOC sticker on jailbreaks as a whole is just plain stupid when it has been handled ICly for a long time and is already in marine law. The server rules would be regressing if it was made an OOC offense.

uh, mutinies cannot be denied.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The absolute state of MPs, only enjoying combat during arrests and promoting mass-stunning of anyone that is nearby. Jesus Christ what went wrong.

And jailbreak, if free to do, would be mostly no to low RP attempts to either try to valid MPs, fuck with MPs or break out their friends/people they view as robust.
    I am Crornel Jrones, grorious admin of Coronial Mahreens. U ar arr nast Trorr and will be ding dong bannu. U critizize Xenos? Ding dong Bannu. U no rike grorious adminnu? Ding dong Bannu. U comrpain about Marine nerfs? Dingdong bannu. U comprain about grorrious adminnu? O yoo betta bereev dat's a bannu. It has come to my Grorrious attention dat nasty trorr has been imidatingu me on serveru, dis is a shamfrul dispray and unacceptaboo so dey ding dong bannu. End of Rine ----------Rine ends here.'

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine for the most part with the MP's tools, I just wish SOP allowed us to not wear armor, and that we can pull someoen over barricades so req line arrests aren't a nightmare

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slduggy View Post
    The question I have is: What happened between then and now that made staff change their mind on this rule? Have mutinies been a constant problem plaguing the server? Have players abused this rule to grief the round?
    Even if it wasn't an issue of explicitly griefing a round, I still believe that mutinies should be ahelped/reviewed by admemes, and I'm glad that the rule is in place. Mutinies can seriously disrupt the flow of rounds and ruin the fun for other people, just so some HVH-hungry folks can get their fix.

Having a minimum of five people and a legitimate reason for a mutiny should be a given to constitute an actual mutiny (as opposed to griefing) regardless, even if it rules didn't require it to be ahelped. But thankfully staff approval is required, and CM is a better place for it.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.