User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I am DONE with novice doctors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt we'd get enough CMO whitelisted players to have a CMO each round to be honest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMO is not necessary to keep a medbay running.

In fact, he�s a party pooper. Change my mind

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, CMO has to organise medbay ( distribute duties between doctors at roundtsart; tell command about parasites, organise surgery queue, etc), but it is hard to do mid-round, when you have ten marines, who are waiting surgery, all ORs are occupied and each doctor is concetrated on his patient. But in the end, CMO is not necesseary for medbay to function.

About doctors: we all were bald, indeed, but you should not play doctor, if you don't know, how to stop blood loss, what main chems do, etc. It nis better to read wiki a few times before going doctor. And i would not be against one or two nurses , who can help with triage and stabilising patients.

I don�t think, that timelocks will help much, new doctors will still be doing surgeries slow, because you won�t get surgery expirience without playing doctor.

I totally agree and I have asked about setting up a field hospital in multiple games this weekend.

Every single time it was shot down by the CMO. Again alot of the bad times I have as a doctor seem to be from a bad/controlling CMO.
    As i said earlier, it is CMO's job to organise and optimise medbay. Field surgeries are a bit dangerous, some CMOs like them, some dislike, because you may be more fucked after surgery, then you were before. Only expirienced doctors, who know, how to identify organ damage, chest/skull/groin fractures, how to locate IB, how to treat necrosis, etc, should do field surgeries. Plus, sometimes it is better to have five doctors (including CMO) in medbay, and sometimes it is better to have two doctors planetside and three in medbay.

I have been forgotten in Cryotubes for upwards of 40 minutes and had to ahelp to finaly get someone to take me out of the damn tube because people weren't even paying attention to LOOC.
    Medbay can be VERY hectic sometimes. Tip for future: you can right click cryo tube, then click "eject occupant" and you will automatically get out of cryo in a minute, or something like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do consider myself a Medbay vet, but hell, i will be honest with you.

I've just seen SO MANY bald doctors recently. I've tried to help them. But hey, so far, only ONE of them actually listened to what i heard and kept playing and improving after that. Don't get me wrong, i love teaching new people to settle in on one of my favorite roles, but well...

It's tiring to make 90% of the Medbay surgeries. It's awful to see doctors idling in medbay when there are wounded/infected, and a empty OR. It's annoying having to deal with ODs on the damn triage/OR.

I play doctor often, and most of the time, i feel like i'm the only one that knows what a FixOvein does.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    CMO is not necessary to keep a medbay running.

In fact, he�s a party pooper. Change my mind
    In my limited experience I agree.

And again in my limited experience it might be why yall are having so many issues lately.

Hell I played for hours this weekend and havent seen the CMO ask anyone if doctors are new or assign anything in a game yet.

Ive just seen tell us what we CANT do. "No oxy for marines" "no imakli for medics" " MPs remove everyone from the hospital during briefing".

Maybe if they assigned things out and paired up inexperienced with experience things would go better?

But i realize thats asking aloooot

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    question is, who the hell would apply for CMO?
    Literally @TobiNerd

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tobinerd doesn't count, sorry.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine a serious CMO app, with story and all, and requiring feedback from doctors. Fucking kek
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesbay council. The only two I can think that would fit in there are Tofu and Tobi. Maybe I should teach the practice of bootleg cryo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to main doc for some weeks but it was so boring that in the end I was trying to find meme things to do like agreeing with the CE to transform him into a cyborg, test new lethal injections on monkeys etc... Let's be honest, doc isn't an hard role but is so boring than after two or more rounds you can't play it for months. (Except Tobinerd)
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic