User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am DONE with novice doctors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Medbay is fucking terrible 90% of the time which is why no one ever evacs. I would rather just die and quit the game than lie around in Medbay for 40 minutes.
    I don't understand the reluctance of time locking certain roles. For example you could unlock Doctor after 10 hours of Medic and then unlock CMO after 10 hours of Doctor.

I don't understand why this isn't done. An incompetent medbay is round ending, but for some reason this problem is just being ignored.
    I understand that the Baldies need to learn it somewhere, and while Field Medic is arguably harder, with having to take positioning into account and so on, at the end of the day you just throw some pills into people.

Edit:
    • I have gone to Medbay with a broken chest and died on the operating table due to baldness. I had to be ahealed.
    • I have spent more than a literal hour in Medbay for a broken foot.
    • I can't begin to count the times I have left Medbay more fucked up then when I arrived.
    • I have been forgotten in Cryotubes for upwards of 40 minutes and had to ahelp to finaly get someone to take me out of the damn tube because people weren't even paying attention to LOOC.
    • I have been put underneath a dead body by a Doctor and then just forgotten about until I permadied.
    • I have been put in the Autodoc set to Automatic (traumatizing)
    • I have been OD'd on the Operating Table using QC for no fucking reason.
    • And worst of all is just the general incompetence prevalent in a role that is so important. The only times I even for a second consider to take the trip back to Medbay is if TobyNerd or other Medbay mains are playing. Otherwise it's just a roll of the dice if you are ever even coming back into the game again.
    Last edited by JJG; 04-08-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real marines pick medic kit and patch themselves the best they can to avoid medbay the whole round.

Lost an arm? Pick a smg, pistol or a gyro�d gun (otherwise you could just PB with buckshot. Don�t need two arms for that)

Lost a foot? FOB duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Real marines pick medic kit and patch themselves the best they can to avoid medbay the whole round.

Lost an arm? Pick a smg, pistol or a gyro�d gun (otherwise you could just PB with buckshot. Don�t need two arms for that)

Lost a foot? FOB duty
    But isn't it hilarious that we all know this, and yet everyone is acting like there isn't a problem?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel people would rather apply for synth than CMO if you make CMO whitelisted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren't talking about Whitelists. No one wants more whitelists, but we wan't a base level of competence. You shouldn't die on a Operating Table because your foot was broken.
    Going to Medbay should be a legitimate option instead of being the very very last resort.

Everytime someone mentions Timelocks someone else Mentions whitelists. They are not the same thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJG View Post
    But isn't it hilarious that we all know this, and yet everyone is acting like there isn't a problem?
    Oh we have lots of those type of well known secret problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Oh we have lots of those type of well known secret problems
    The first step to fixing a problem is recognizing that there is a problem.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see two solutions:
    1) Restrict doc/CMO to 2-10 hours of playing Researcher.
    Researcher is a great way to learn all things medical, this is how I learned. Nobody expects anything from you, you could just sit in your locker in research and nobody would even bat an eye. First I just basically watched IC doctors what they are doing, a bit of reading wiki and there he goes, my first patient with brand new, cool cybernetic arm.
    Next round I asked Command to let me go down (to collect samples... hehe), they agreed, I took lifesaver belt and essentials and then I just pretty much acted as Squad medic, but armed with makeshift spear.
    2) New role like "Nurse", or something. IC less skilled in medicine, but still learning and helping keeping medbay in check. Also restrict Doctor/CMO to 2-10 hours of this role.

I must admit that it's hard to just teach basics of anything. I came to this server already having enough knowledge thanks to months of greytiding in maintenance, growing ambrosia in public garden, to accumulate enough biomass to spawn monkey cubes and doing ghetto surgery on them to implant rigged radios in their chests to spy on Captain for fun.

By the way... Why monkey's body parts were "disabled"? Implanting makeshift nades in their chests for them to act as trojan horses for benos was my first idea to do as researcher after learning medbay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nurse role would be fine actually. Someone to help with Triage, patient transport, and scanning. Again, no expectation, so it's like a "whatever" role. I'mma git that later if I don't forget

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quality of doctors that round was awful, the only reason why everything didn't go tits up was because the synthetic Duke.

I had to restrain myself from detaining one of the doctors who was just so negligent with surgeries and was sat insulting MPs rather than fixing people.