User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I am DONE with novice doctors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to understand that most medical mains DON'T WANT TO PLAY DOCTOR/CMO, because medic is a way more fun and way more intense role. So you either have the dedicated lesbay that goes medbay regularly and helps folks out, or you have the baldies.

Like I consider myself a good doctor, just ask around. But jesus fuck is doctor boring to play. I'd rather play "Chem only" researcher than play doctor, and that's saying something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    You have to understand that most medical mains DON'T WANT TO PLAY DOCTOR/CMO, because medic is a way more fun and way more intense role. So you either have the dedicated lesbay that goes medbay regularly and helps folks out, or you have the baldies.
    This tbh. Sadly most doc mains are either gone or busy irl. When you teach new docs how to do fast surgery in LOOC some act hostile against you for trying to help them and some really dont play doctor now because its boring as hell.
    Medics have the same problem too right now with the tuber tide. They cant even stabilize themselves and expect people to stabilize them. Just this last round i rolled spec and i died braindead next to 4-5 bald medics. An IO died too. Medic fell into paincrit because he/she cant stabilize her IB and died of oxygen damage.
    Told Dchat that no one "Helped him/her" (Like seriously?)

I dont know how hard it is to make a time whitelist or a game time whitelist for specific roles to be honest. IF mutators can be tested for months then botched why the fuck we cant have the same for time or game time whitelists too and see how it works?
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 04-08-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: ESL

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a "new doctor" I wanted to weigh in.

I read up on doctoring for a while, watched the role in observe, and then practiced on low pop. What I have experienced is that people are extremely impatient and no one seems to be teaching.

I get the frustrations.. but I see very little helping and mostly yelling. And it makes new doctors freak out.

For example I had a patient keep waking up during surgey.. ive played probably 20 games doctor and never seen that (was a ruputred lung I later found out) instead of anyone helping or explaining my patient just called me a douche and punched me after the surgery.

Which brings me to my main point.

I don't think doctor should be whitelisted but maybe CMO. Almost every interaction I have had with them is negative (aside from last night when me and the CMO setup a field hospital in CiC).

They should be a leader and teacher, filling in roles. Mostly I see them calling MPs, sitting in their office, and powertripping. And most games medical seems to "function" without them. It would be good to know the command role is going to someone who will lead.

Plus they are a prof.... they should teach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat off-topic. but I would like if there were more field doctors at FOB as a standard practice to tend to minor things like broken bones so I didn't have to go through the lengthy process of Evac'ing. Honestly, I spend as much time waiting for a dropship to take me up and down to the medbay than I actually do IN medbay. If Commanders required a field hospital for minor surgery (or emergency larva extraction later on) every operation I think that would go a ways towards improving the general medical interaction loop for most marines, and reduce the amount people suicide at the aliens when their leg is broken.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok chief
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    The quality of doctors that round was awful, the only reason why everything didn't go tits up was because the synthetic Duke.

I had to restrain myself from detaining one of the doctors who was just so negligent with surgeries and was sat insulting MPs rather than fixing people.
    I remember that round, you where very angry and said some bad things. Shame on you Crimson. But tbh those doctors where hell on earth.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that if surgery was made more complicating but more rewarding if you know what you are doing, and more interactive, then it could solve this problem by making people actually want to play and become invested in playing doctor.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Somewhat off-topic. but I would like if there were more field doctors at FOB as a standard practice to tend to minor things like broken bones so I didn't have to go through the lengthy process of Evac'ing. Honestly, I spend as much time waiting for a dropship to take me up and down to the medbay than I actually do IN medbay. If Commanders required a field hospital for minor surgery (or emergency larva extraction later on) every operation I think that would go a ways towards improving the general medical interaction loop for most marines, and reduce the amount people suicide at the aliens when their leg is broken.
    I totally agree and I have asked about setting up a field hospital in multiple games this weekend.

Every single time it was shot down by the CMO. Again alot of the bad times I have as a doctor seem to be from a bad/controlling CMO.

But I dont want to push my point too hard as I am still new and may not know what I am talking about..

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Field Hospitals aren't as good as they used to be, its often not worth it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like I need to get back from hiatus and educate these doctors

Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    question is, who the hell would apply for CMO?
    I would