User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Requisitions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Requisitions

I don't like the way Requisitions currently works.

In its current state, it operates as both a snowflake vendor and the occasional supply chain. It could really use a rework as the first part for it giving out attachments and being a snowflake vendor in general is really slow and obnoxious, and a lot of players can easily get fucked out of getting any attachments at all.

I say remove the necessity to have to go to Requisitions for attachments altogether, and just give marines a larger amount of points in their vendors to spend (adding in the remaining missing attachments to the vendor with the price in points to match), allowing them to customize themselves to whatever extent they like with kits, attachments, and storage. Essentially, this'll remove the middleman, being the CTs and ROs, and allow the marines to get what they need without hassle.

Now comes the other portion for Requisitions though, working as a supply chain. Obviously marines are still going to need a lot extra ammunition and supplies on the ground, so Req will be able to prioritize on that. But I feel they could use some extra roles. However, this is where my ideas run dry. I was thinking it CTs could work as delivery guys on the Almayer but I wouldn't have a clue on what they're delivering.

So, I wanna open this up for discussion. I know a lot of people also think that Requisitions could use a rework, so, thoughts?

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply put - we don't need MTs and CTs. We need Crewmans who will fill all these roles.
    Jeser "Fox" Aushwitz.
    Jeser believes only in one thing - common sense.

Apop's permission: Click

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lack my developer tag on the forums yet but -

We have a heavily modified req system ready to be added to the live server. We couldn't manage to add it during last friday due to timezone issues, but it will definitely go live this weekend.

It'll address most of your concerns. Please stay tuned.
    Last edited by Vicacrov; 04-30-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A gitlab sugg was made a few weeks ago that was 'accepted' by the devs. As such, it may, or may not, have some relevance with the upcoming req rework

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/6285
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the overal idea of Requisition having things like attachments is simple. If you haven�t noticed, the faster the marines get planetside, the more of a disadvantage Xenos are at. Now of course, with the proposition you�ve laid out, we could take that out, and allow marines to just wait for a briefing, which could result in something rather boring. I don�t exactly know if this is true (someone verify this) but Commanders have to wait a certain amount of time before Brief. Req serves as a sort of middleman to allow players to get to focus on getting their gear squared away, rather than waiting around wondering when they deploy. Although sitting in the requisitions line is boring as fuck, it�s better than waiting in briefing.

Upon reading this response I just wrote up, it feels like a braindead take, but I�m posting it anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't the dropships refuse to let you deploy pre-maturely anyway? I think that's a moot point in that case.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Competent CTs already work as delivery guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not far from the truth, Ratpack.

It is hardcoded indeed that the dropships cannot take off too early.
    Last edited by Vicacrov; 04-30-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am biased but I wish the medics had just a few more attachments turned on.

If we had like submarine gun arm, and maybe a s4 added to our box.. it would be so much better.

Because as it is now it takes a bit to get my supplies in order, then wait in line at medical, then RO.

Miss the first drop unless I skip RO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Competent CTs already work as delivery guys.
    This.

Also I like req personally, but prolly in the minority on that. It's relaxing to play as ct, helps with pacing on marine side, and don't even mind running req as late night co/co.

If anything I do agree medics should be less reliant on req, but for the love of god don't miss first drop cuz of attachies as medic. Marines need your go juice more than you need some attachment for your m39 nerf gun.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine