User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Requisitions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Severely Artistic View Post
    Everything you said about what Req "opens up" literally applies to what would happen if marines were allowed to just go to briefing and not have to worry about attachments.

Worst of all, it plays by first come first served. It makes sense, and personally I'm always among the first in line, but if something happens like some random unga pushes you or attacks you, no you're cucked out of attachies for no reason, and mind you as a medic main I still need to get pills from medbay so now I can't even attend briefing and might miss the first drop.

That's just one circumstance too, while with the Req line plenty more can go shit. It's unnecessary and should just be taken out of the equation, giving Req a much more significant role or at least in some way improved.
    Good ROs will limit attachies to certain people, such as no BCs to PFCs, etc etc. Whenever I play, webbing and BCs are always the first to go. I can't see a way to make Req any better without removing the one rush of fun at round start.

I will agree with you on the pushing/fighting shit that makes you lose attachments for no reasons, but it doesn't happen often to me. How would you change Req for the better? I'm curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopil View Post
    Good ROs will limit attachies to certain people, such as no BCs to PFCs, etc etc. Whenever I play, webbing and BCs are always the first to go. I can't see a way to make Req any better without removing the one rush of fun at round start.

I will agree with you on the pushing/fighting shit that makes you lose attachments for no reasons, but it doesn't happen often to me. How would you change Req for the better? I'm curious.
    Well I'm saying that we should remove the need to have to request for attachments and shit at the round start but throwing everything into marine vendors that marines have a shit ton of points to utilize, applying to all marine roles. At the moment marines are restricted on what they can get in terms of attachments since they can only get like 3 or 4 things, and that's assuming they don't get a kit.

For requisitions, I'm leaving that part up to a lot of discussion, hence why I made this thread instead of placing it on Gitlab. I personally feel as though Req can still serve some of its purpose in terms of attachments, as a sort of backup for marines later on when they lose their gun and die or whatever. But in addition to that, they'd work a lot more like a supply chain, encouraging people to request more stuff from Req as their points can be geared less towards attachments and round start ammo and more towards other necessities that Req was not at liberty to order without consequence.

A good example of this is when a doctor is going down for field surgery and requires a tray, resulting in them always taking it from Brig. IC this would literally make no sense, as it under equips the brig surgery room, and has resulted in issues in the past. Sadly though, Req almost always deny the doctors any medical items as it costs too many points relative to what they could instead be ordering. So, removing the round start attachments rush and any need to have to order more shit like that because marines take everything at the start would open up more possibilities similar to my example. This could, in turn, result in more possible items to request from Requisition, as no one is really suggesting new items that Req could order from the console.

The example aside, I want to see Req be able to have a bigger role with moving things around and delivering supplies. Other than that though, I don't have much to suggest for improvement on the Req end with things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually uh, only bad RO limits attachments. "No BC for PFC" when they're the ones who make the most use out of it. Good Req staff doesn't limit anything, because with decent enough prep work and not lagged out CTs, you can finish a high pop Req line by 12:20

For me, I would go either WO's attachment box in your vendor, because most people only take like 2-3 attachments at best and having the ability to just trade within your squad is great; and an attachment vendor in each squad pref ID locked to that squad only, of course. This would mean that you'll have to limit some of the attachments like Mag harness, BC, QF since you now have 4 attachment vendors instead of 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would never deny PFCs barrel chargers; they're the ones who use their gun the most after all. If anything I'd deny medics and engineers barrel chargers, because PFCs have more use for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Actually uh, only bad RO limits attachments. "No BC for PFC" when they're the ones who make the most use out of it. Good Req staff doesn't limit anything, because with decent enough prep work and not lagged out CTs, you can finish a high pop Req line by 12:20

For me, I would go either WO's attachment box in your vendor, because most people only take like 2-3 attachments at best and having the ability to just trade within your squad is great; and an attachment vendor in each squad pref ID locked to that squad only, of course. This would mean that you'll have to limit some of the attachments like Mag harness, BC, QF since you now have 4 attachment vendors instead of 1.
    Believe it or not, I actually meant to say medics and engineers. I've played RO more than I can count and not once did I deny BCs to the PFCs. I deny only medics BCs because they almost never use their weapon.