User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Requisitions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like req as a marine but on highpop its sad to wait on a big line with only 2 tables, even more if CTs are new... As a CT i only like the initial rush, after that it gets boring for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekcy View Post
    I like req as a marine but on highpop its sad to wait on a big line with only 2 tables, even more if CTs are new... As a CT i only like the initial rush, after that it gets boring for me.
    Run supplies after the rush, it's extremely helpful and fun.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I feel that after the rush one of the guys in Req should be ferrying cargo up and down from the LZ and the other should be taking care of the stragglers showing up at the line and preparing cargo drops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good news, and also a topic in the mist for a while. For a moment where was an idea of each squad prep getting a req section. Also SL's where already giving out trackers/flamers/plastique/etc so there's that.

I'm a bit more concerned about getting supplies quickly to the dropships from req. to hanger. Loaders are not built for carry speed.

This weekend should be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    I think the overal idea of Requisition having things like attachments is simple. If you haven�t noticed, the faster the marines get planetside, the more of a disadvantage Xenos are at. Now of course, with the proposition you�ve laid out, we could take that out, and allow marines to just wait for a briefing, which could result in something rather boring. I don�t exactly know if this is true (someone verify this) but Commanders have to wait a certain amount of time before Brief. Req serves as a sort of middleman to allow players to get to focus on getting their gear squared away, rather than waiting around wondering when they deploy. Although sitting in the requisitions line is boring as fuck, it�s better than waiting in briefing.

Upon reading this response I just wrote up, it feels like a braindead take, but I�m posting it anyways.
    There is physically nothing more boring than standing a Req line with nothing to do but wait. Briefing would be a major improvement because you'd get to RP and socialize with the rest of the marines at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Maybe I am biased but I wish the medics had just a few more attachments turned on.

If we had like submarine gun arm, and maybe a s4 added to our box.. it would be so much better.

Because as it is now it takes a bit to get my supplies in order, then wait in line at medical, then RO.

Miss the first drop unless I skip RO.
    It's not biased at all. The more specific marine roles lack the points to actually get any attachments or spend their points on their loadout because they need those points usually for their role (i.e. medic buying an extra kit, more splints, etc) and medic definitely lacks in attachments.

I have missed my first drop as medic plenty of times too because I have to go through Req for attachments then medbay for my extra medicine like Keloderm. Like I said in the first post, Req easily fucks with round start for a lot of marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Run supplies after the rush, it's extremely helpful and fun.
    I played a few full rounds a CT, running supplies was alright but it got stale pretty quick for me... Unresponsive SOs, nobody requesting supplies, slowly dragging/pushing a crate to Alamo... Mute RO or CTs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I lack my developer tag on the forums yet but -

We have a heavily modified req system ready to be added to the live server. We couldn't manage to add it during last friday due to timezone issues, but it will definitely go live this weekend.

It'll address most of your concerns. Please stay tuned.
    if its not just a giant walk through room like prison visitation I will be disappointed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Severely Artistic View Post
    There is physically nothing more boring than standing a Req line with nothing to do but wait. Briefing would be a major improvement because you'd get to RP and socialize with the rest of the marines at least.
    Sitting in the RO line is relatively the same thing as sitting in debrief.

If you think about it, Req opens up more than you think. The req line gives another job to the MPs; most fights happen in the line and gives them something to do. CT and RO for me are extremely fun when I want a break from doctor, SO, or frontline combat. Nothing is better than denying an uptight marine attachments when they're disrespectful. The Req line gives the xenos a chance to build and evolve, it makes survivor that much more fun, gives the command staff time before debrief, and I don't really see an issue.

If you're so worried about your attachments, run to the Req line right when you wake up from cryo. The vendor isn't going anywhere and the points you have inside of it will remain there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekcy View Post
    I played a few full rounds a CT, running supplies was alright but it got stale pretty quick for me... Unresponsive SOs, nobody requesting supplies, slowly dragging/pushing a crate to Alamo... Mute RO or CTs...
    Yeah it's not always a ton of fun. A good RO/command makes a huge difference. You can always barter attachies for stuff with marines planetside it it's getting stale. Some might not call it "legal," but to them I say pssshhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopil View Post
    Sitting in the RO line is relatively the same thing as sitting in debrief.

If you think about it, Req opens up more than you think. The req line gives another job to the MPs; most fights happen in the line and gives them something to do. CT and RO for me are extremely fun when I want a break from doctor, SO, or frontline combat. Nothing is better than denying an uptight marine attachments when they're disrespectful. The Req line gives the xenos a chance to build and evolve, it makes survivor that much more fun, gives the command staff time before debrief, and I don't really see an issue.

If you're so worried about your attachments, run to the Req line right when you wake up from cryo. The vendor isn't going anywhere and the points you have inside of it will remain there.
    Everything you said about what Req "opens up" literally applies to what would happen if marines were allowed to just go to briefing and not have to worry about attachments.

Worst of all, it plays by first come first served. It makes sense, and personally I'm always among the first in line, but if something happens like some random unga pushes you or attacks you, no you're cucked out of attachies for no reason, and mind you as a medic main I still need to get pills from medbay so now I can't even attend briefing and might miss the first drop.

That's just one circumstance too, while with the Req line plenty more can go shit. It's unnecessary and should just be taken out of the equation, giving Req a much more significant role or at least in some way improved.