User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MilSim vs LowRP Fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    This is something I feel when I play Captain. Having to tend to every tiny request because the respective shipside player is too incompetent to handle it. "WE NEED METAL" ok let me just haul my ass to req oh look its a crew cut RO staring at a vendor let me just ord- "captain stop micromanaging me" then I ignore what he said, throw a bunch of metal in a crate and then manually drag it to the Alamo because there is a 0.0001% chance there will be an SL competent enough to get coordinates and then an SO actually launching the supply crate. Then of course we have to take in consideration that the entire crate will be hogged by 1 to 2 engineers of one squad, so of course another squad will say "WE NEED METAL" and the cycle continues. Or when the CL waltzes his useless ass into CIC while I am drawing a picture on the tactical map so people know what is going on and he's like "hey can we rp lol here's a paper" and im like "ok im really busy and i know if i tell you to fuck off you are just gonna cryo and not enjoy your round so let me just do this oh cool the time i took to sign your stupid paper could've been time me loading the OB because obviously the OB isnt fucking loaded and the time spent loading an OB could have been me making a metal crate so th-- ok the FOB falls because engineers didnt have enough metal and its all because of the CL's reasonable desire to are-pee".

Or round start we have retarded req staff so I have to man the entire req and the XO is neglected because all I'm doing is being a CT and they get mad they cant are-pee with the cool captain about cool tactics. And even if I did 99% of the time the XO will be a massive retard who has no idea on how round flow works and will either suggest something impotent or have this autistic tacticool plan that no one will give a shit to execute because it's retarded.

If I actually want to do my job, I have to sacrifice my ability to engage others in a meaningful RP scenario; which would've negatively impacted a majority of players because they didnt get what they needed at that time (no metal/ammo/tactical map/orders/OB/etc). Pragmatically it is actually selfish for a Captain to engage in RP because the time you spend doing that is time spent not doing anything else which negatively impacts more people.

How the round flows is antithesis to any sort of higher RP.
    damn, this is the real shit right here

some people like Carson absolutely nail the balance though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh I like the server just like it is right now, u wanna RP? go ahead, u wanna unga rush? go ahead buddy no probs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll make my statement brief: We can't have better RP without shifting away from combat; so we either do that or keep pretending that our increasingly more combat-focused game is above LRP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Who the fuck are you in game and WHY the hell i am not RPing with you?

This is the kind of thing i have been looking around for RP and i would definitively try some other roles IF i had people to RP it, One of my Medals as Cargo Technician was RPing because SLs were too busy to get Coords, and i got to the captain and RP'ed a reason to work as MSR Technician (Main Supply Route Technician), I grabbed all the Crates and went alamo on LV-624 with a armor and a pistol dragging around crates of supplies to Fob and Hydro.

We won that round.
    I'm Dinkle

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    I'm Dinkle
    You're DINKLE! Awwwwright. will stay tunned then.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    tbh I like the server just like it is right now, u wanna RP? go ahead, u wanna unga rush? go ahead buddy no probs.
    This basically sums up what I was trying to say, but much more concisely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    The Fact that a dev loremaster confirmed we are a platoon of losers dosen't me we should act like one.

As i said on my commentary before, lately i have been seen a lot of people yelling at me on J-TAC channel to stop with my super huge messages on J-TAC channel.

To be fair, fuck em', the RP made me the decent CAS pilot i am today and on every single role i RP it.

I am NOT stopping with my RP, it's the way i find fun to play CM and it's the way i can ACTUALLY help players by killing Xenos because i am totally BALD as a PFC and end up dying because my PC is an utter shit.
    Nobody asks you to start LRPing, smol brain.

I'm just saying that allowing marines to be slightly dumb if they want to is actually fine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMASPACENINJA View Post
    Nobody asks you to start LRPing, smol brain.

I'm just saying that allowing marines to be slightly dumb if they want to is actually fine.
    Yep, LRP is cool. i am not saying don't. I am saying that I am NOT stopping.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO's, and to the lesser extent all command staff, should be HRP roles, Imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HRP tends to be awkward and unnatural in CM. Marines having chit chats while being attacked by xenos, players with retarded gimmicks they consider HRP, etc. Most HRP goes unnoticed as well, which makes the act important only for the person doing it. Most people don't give a shit about you and your long dossiers, descriptions, or exposition.

I just try to have fun with the people that play the game, while trying to uphold some semblance of character that feels natural, and in the end it's the people in the community that keeps me coming back. A vocal minority should not dictate how we play or enjoy the game, within the established rules of course.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine