User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Expected Contact RP Test

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the lore will be mostly unchanged in regards to the Almayers deployment.

They are the closest Marine ship to the area sending the distress call, so they get to respond despite how they are underprepared (lack of veteran manpower, low ammo (using shitty non-AP/Explosive ammo), and other issues).

The only questionable decision is to send Marines to clear a Space Station of xenos. In universe, every, single, attempt to clear a space ship or station has resulted in abject failure, and its usually SOP to just blow up the station rather than waste lives. I think only on ONE occasion a ship was cleared of xenos, but that came with massive casualties to the Marine forces.

So, my best bet could be that the brass are hoping the Almayer can get to the Prison Station before the Xeno hive fortifies.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do survivors know that the marines are coming and if so, can they still hang out near landing zones, such as Solaris tcomms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Easy, the Alamayer crew are bottom of the barrel and nobody would give a shit if we died.
    Isn't that even more reason to give them microbomb implants or suicide bombs?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megarop View Post
    Isn't that even more reason to give them microbomb implants or suicide bombs?
    This costs money. Almayer is a fast response vessel designed to fight minor threats like some weak bugs, or CLF. It's not specifically designed WY deathsquad in apesuits. However having something to combat various beno abillities, like armor attachements to be more resistant to neuro, or to acid in general would be nice IC as entire command will not look like a bunch of uninformed ignorants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    I think the lore will be mostly unchanged in regards to the Almayers deployment.

They are the closest Marine ship to the area sending the distress call, so they get to respond despite how they are underprepared (lack of veteran manpower, low ammo (using shitty non-AP/Explosive ammo), and other issues).

The only questionable decision is to send Marines to clear a Space Station of xenos. In universe, every, single, attempt to clear a space ship or station has resulted in abject failure, and its usually SOP to just blow up the station rather than waste lives. I think only on ONE occasion a ship was cleared of xenos, but that came with massive casualties to the Marine forces.

So, my best bet could be that the brass are hoping the Almayer can get to the Prison Station before the Xeno hive fortifies.
    That�s more important than you know contextually to the situation as a CO....
    �Yeah the idiot Pfcs May claim they�re badasses all day but the Operational Records only speak of absolute failure every time we have to go on the offensive and cleanse a station or ship let alone planet�

Definitely should incorporate that in my logic and RP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post

I mean, you just recieved a distress signal from a Prison Station and analysis only show a crashed ship, before the change this meant "CFL, Pirates or a riot", now it means "CFL, Pirates, Riot or Xenomorphs".

Besides, The Corporation��� is still lobbying the USCM to secure their expensive research/equipment and to secure survivors before nuking it (which is the logical result considering we have nukes in our arsenal).

I have a separate question. Now that Doctors know what a Larva is, what's the IC justification for the Autodoc to not auto-remove larvas? (Besides gameplay of course)
    Last edited by LordLoko; 09-18-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    I mean, you just recieved a distress signal from a Prison Station and analysis only show a crashed ship, before the change this meant "CFL, Pirates or a riot", now it means "CFL, Pirates, Riot or Xenomorphs".

Besides, The Corporation��� is still lobbying the USCM to secure their expensive research/equipment and to secure survivors before nuking it (which is the logical result considering we have nukes in our arsenal).

I have a separate question. Now that Doctors know what a Larva is, what's the IC justification for the Autodoc to not auto-remove larvas? (Besides gameplay of course)
    Not programmed.
    Autodocs, as fantastic as they are, still rely on having their surgeries pre-programmed.
    Considering there can be 1 - 4 larvae in one marine chest, it's no surprise the auto lacks the necessary coding.

As in, in universe coding, not server coding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    entire command will not look like a bunch of uninformed ignorants.
    Command structures are incredibly slow to respond to new developments in warfare. It would probably break immersion to have them develop anything to counter Xenomorph abilities. That, and if the game is based off the events of the Aliens movie, the marines are supposed to be poorly equipped and underprepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    Command structures are incredibly slow to respond to new developments in warfare. It would probably break immersion to have them develop anything to counter Xenomorph abilities. That, and if the game is based off the events of the Aliens movie, the marines are supposed to be poorly equipped and underprepared.
    We can easily handwave that the UAAC High Command thinks the xenos are a minor threat if compared to the CFL or UPP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megarop View Post
    If the government knows in advance they're fighting aliens, why don't they just give every marine a microbomb implant or something similar so the aliens can't infect them or send in somebody more prepared to fight them than the USCM?
    There's nothing that confirms whether or not the distress signal from the colony is xenomorphs, only that the colony 'went dark'. First Contact lore suggests that the USMC would believe the threat to be CLF or UPP, and this can persist in Expected Contact. Additionally, the micro-bomb implant suggestion could be boiled down to the idea that USMC enlistment rates are already struggling, and to start implanting marines with micro-bombs in the expectation they will be 'hived' would probably cause those rates to tank harder, if you're looking for logical IC reasons.