Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Rework

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I disagree with giving out pred technology, at least the superior stuff. The Yautja believe that they are superior in every way to just about every other species. To give their technology out to a lesser life form would be considered a breach of this belief, that's why they go to great lengths to ensure that their technology does not fall in to the hands of lesser species. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened, as it clearly has in canon.

I would use the term "Equal" loosely, like extremely loosely. While some humans have been 'accepted' into Yautja hunting groups or clans, they are never seen as true members of the clan. Michiko, the most well known Human Predator, was always seen as an oddity amongst the clan that took her in, and in the end she was thrown out of it and ultimately had her clan scar removed forever.
    Like anyone gives two flying fucks for lore at this point. If a marine, human who is inferior in every way besides mind, can beat predator, alien who is superior in every way besides mind, then he is more than equal. He is fucking superior to entire pred species.

Preds giving unique gear to marines is lame. Like I'm shotgun slug main and after beating pred hard and showing him mercy (despite having helmet labeled "mercy is for the weak") and I will get worthless SMG from him, then I will be mad.
    It should be always either pred mask, or ol'painless/quadrocket.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Danny glover killed a pred in a fair fight, he wasn't outright killed and given a trophy.
    He was given an antique flintlock pistol and then given the Yautja equivalent of "Ok we're done here, fuck off now", as told by the fact that they could have cared less weather or not they smoked him in their drive plume.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Like anyone gives two flying fucks for lore at this point.
    I do and so does a good portion of the community. You guys asked for more RP in the last town hall, and we're trying to deliver on that. Lore and world building supplement any RP'ing experience.

If a marine, human who is inferior in every way besides mind, can beat predator, alien who is superior in every way besides mind, then he is more than equal. He is fucking superior to entire pred species.
    Plenty of Yautja have been killed by Human's, Xeno's and other species, and none those species are still not considered equals among the Yautja. Yautja are racially superior assholes who see themselves as superiors to any and all other species in the galaxy, barring their gods.

Preds giving unique gear to marines is lame. Like I'm shotgun slug main and after beating pred hard and showing him mercy (despite having helmet labeled "mercy is for the weak") and I will get worthless SMG from him, then I will be mad.
    It should be always either pred mask, or ol'painless/quadrocket.
    Pred masks have been given out very rarely in lore to humans. The Yautja protect their technology so much so that they sometimes wipe out entire planets to keep it out of the hands of other species. Ol'painless and the ThermoRPG are admin items that break the game on a multitude of levels, they will never be given out as rewards for killing preds.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do and so does a good portion of the community. You guys asked for more RP in the last town hall, and we're trying to deliver on that. Lore and world building supplement any RP'ing experience.
    I meant more like "Nobody gives two flying fucks for 'original' lore". Otherwise pred wouldn't walk around benos unharmed and without a fight.

Plenty of Yautja have been killed by Human's, Xeno's and other species, and none those species are still not considered equals among the Yautja. Yautja are racially superior assholes who see themselves as superiors to any and all other species in the galaxy, barring their gods.
    None of those species, but those particular individuals proved they are superior. And Preds are not superior at all, even in "original" lore. Mere WY Synth would fuck the shit out of young pred barehanded every time.

Pred masks have been given out very rarely in lore to humans. The Yautja protect their technology so much so that they sometimes wipe out entire planets to keep it out of the hands of other species. Ol'painless and the ThermoRPG are admin items that break the game on a multitude of levels, they will never be given out as rewards for killing preds.
    Again, nobody cares about "original" lore. Preds are hard enough to take 1vs1 for someone to earn even a special pred mask with fluff text about not being that advanced like originals, but really working like them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument that lore should keep marines from getting trophies for killing predators fairly is kind of dumb. Predators are known to give out their technology to those who prove themselves as worthy IE: Chick in the first AvP movie getting a combistick.

Even then, it's not that big of a leap to go off rails a bit even if it doesn't fit the lore entirely. How about we stick to the concept of fun.

If there's an item marines shouldn't be given, it's probably the predator bracer.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    The argument that lore should keep marines from getting trophies for killing predators fairly is kind of dumb. Predators are known to give out their technology to those who prove themselves as worthy IE: Chick in the first AvP movie getting a combistick.

Even then, it's not that big of a leap to go off rails a bit even if it doesn't fit the lore entirely. How about we stick to the concept of fun.

If there's an item marines shouldn't be given, it's probably the predator bracer.
    Focusing on fun over RP has gotten us where we are today. The community was very vocal about what it wanted during the last town hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Focusing on fun over RP has gotten us where we are today. The community was very vocal about what it wanted during the last town hall.
    Is there a recording of that town hall? I missed the last one.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think predators giving marines rewards for beating a great opponent is going to ruin CM, I dont know what to say.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    If you think predators giving marines rewards for beating a great opponent is going to ruin CM, I dont know what to say.
    I did not say this at all. I said that there are occurances of pred gear being given, but that it was rare and I listed the reasons for it being rare.

Please don't put words into my mouth, that's not fair

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Is there a recording of that town hall? I missed the last one.
    //showthrea...ownhall-Archve

I believe the newest post is/was the latest town hall.