User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Rework

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only speak for myself but if I engage in a 1v1 with a xeno, I fight to the Death.

However, I find this is a rare occurrence. In almost every single fight I have with a Xeno, either additional xenos will arrive to reinforce the original, or the xeno retreats when it sustains any significant amount of damage. Furthermore, around half xenos can match or exceed the top speed of a uninjured Predator (not wearing heavy armour) which further complicates chasing a retreating xeno.

No xeno is going to stand in a fight where they are losing and keep fighting until they die, they will always retreat when the odds start stacking against them. This is fair however.

But it gets annoying when every xeno fight ends the same. You fight a bit, they run away, repeat.

-----

Furthermore, and again this is personal. But I never see Predators, myself included, healing themselves during a fair, worthy, fight. I only see this when the fight becomes unworthy when the target gets heals or is reinforced.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > complaining that Elder / Ancient T3's are faster than you, a Pred

what

all the other stuff is you just sucking as a pred. if you get hit by a preds charge without baiting it, thats your fault. get smoked by rav spin? your fault

prae with acid spray and its spin is the only prae i can see being a real threat to a robust pred 1 v 1 without having to run

use clan sword and click till horizontal or till the hive tries to gang you, then HPC and retreat, and try again later till you succeed

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Uh aside from nerf pred.

Does anyone have any idea for honor code changes other than "please remove its shit"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    So, Uh aside from nerf pred.

Does anyone have any idea for honor code changes other than "please remove its shit"
    Something that I think would be more appreciated for the Honor Code perhaps is regarding and explaining that, when regarding the serpents, they are not always honorable and sometimes engaging them will require aggression and what could be considered 'dirty' tactics. Large motions to make it more apparent that fighting xenos that are ganging up on you when you only want to fight one, it is ok to defend yourself, heal, and ultimately use your ranged weapons. While of course this already is a thing, outlining this and stating that it is perfectly ok to heal and use all of your tools when engaging multiple hostiles is A-Okay as it seems rather untouched upon in the current Honor Code.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators currently argue a lot that they are antags and should be treated like one, but in the current honor code attacking a Predator first at all makes you unworthy, and therefore you can be meme'd and deleted with ease.

It is hypocritical. If you don't want Predators to be meta ignored and treated like antag, you shouldn't be marking people that attack you at all as unworthy and punishing them for treating you like an antag.

I propose:

You literally shouldn't be marked unworthy unless you are interrupting RP to be honest, or in a massive gank group.

People shouldn't be scared to fight Predators, and Predators should not be able to feel like they can walk up to Marines/Xenos freely and do whatever the hell they want because everyone is too afraid to treat the hostile with hostility.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, maybe something along of the lines of "Good Idea, Bad Idea" in terms of how to engage marines/xenos, or just putting down a few examples within each main Honor Code section. Because right now, a fair number of things tend to fall into "Grey areas", where Predators don't want to try something for fear of getting screamed at/reported. Kind of why a large number of Predators wait to be attacked first.

EDIT: For example, maybe list some actions that would make a marine/xeno still worthy, and thus melee only, or unworthy.
    Last edited by Sora9567; 10-23-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    Well, maybe something along of the lines of "Good Idea, Bad Idea" in terms of how to engage marines/xenos, or just putting down a few examples within each main Honor Code section. Because right now, a fair number of things tend to fall into "Grey areas", where Predators don't want to try something for fear of getting screamed at/reported. Kind of why a large number of Predators wait to be attacked first.

EDIT: For example, maybe list some actions that would make a marine/xeno still worthy, and thus melee only, or unworthy.
    Exactly this. Predator code feels very awkward and a bit too neutral. It does not help that marines and xenos know little of the code as well and only know �if I don�t attack them then I�m ok.� Or �if we attack as a group we get HPC�d�

More depth into how we can engage and defend ourselves with specifics rather than �we�ll cross that bridge when we get there� will help miscommunications further down the line.

P.S. for xenos: hitting you while you�re down is not against the rules as a predator. It�s just considered polite not to. You�re being hunted. Not in a duel.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ideas

Code changes:

Unworthy prey are only prey that do the following:
    -Interrupt a predator who is actively roleplaying with another player.
    -Someone who has stolen predator gear
    -Someone who does LRP/Meme actions with a predator

Just shooting or attacking a pred who wasn't hunting you is no longer "unworthy prey" but if the predator wants to run away, they can use hunting traps or LPC/HPC stun to do that

New designation of "Equal"
    -Prey who kill a predator in a fair one on one fight are designated as equals. They are permitted to have one piece of pred gear as a trophy, and afterwards they are considered untouchable by any other predator unless they attack a predator first.

Trophies for marines
    -Upgraded human weapons may be given for those who honor duel a predator or show a predator mercy. IE: A unique pulse rifle, SMG, pistol, etc...

Developer mechanics
    -Dead Preds in research give DEFCON
    -Predalien time to hatch is reduced

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    My ideas

Code changes:

Unworthy prey are only prey that do the following:
    -Interrupt a predator who is actively roleplaying with another player.
    -Someone who has stolen predator gear
    -Someone who does LRP/Meme actions with a predator

Just shooting or attacking a pred who wasn't hunting you is no longer "unworthy prey" but if the predator wants to run away, they can use hunting traps or LPC/HPC stun to do that

New designation of "Equal"
    -Prey who kill a predator in a fair one on one fight are designated as equals. They are permitted to have one piece of pred gear as a trophy, and afterwards they are considered untouchable by any other predator unless they attack a predator first.

Trophies for marines
    -Upgraded human weapons may be given for those who honor duel a predator or show a predator mercy. IE: A unique pulse rifle, SMG, pistol, etc...

Developer mechanics
    -Dead Preds in research give DEFCON
    -Predalien time to hatch is reduced
    I disagree with giving out pred technology, at least the superior stuff. The Yautja believe that they are superior in every way to just about every other species. To give their technology out to a lesser life form would be considered a breach of this belief, that's why they go to great lengths to ensure that their technology does not fall in to the hands of lesser species. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened, as it clearly has in canon.

I would use the term "Equal" loosely, like extremely loosely. While some humans have been 'accepted' into Yautja hunting groups or clans, they are never seen as true members of the clan. Michiko, the most well known Human Predator, was always seen as an oddity amongst the clan that took her in, and in the end she was thrown out of it and ultimately had her clan scar removed forever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I disagree with giving out pred technology, at least the superior stuff. The Yautja believe that they are superior in every way to just about every other species. To give their technology out to a lesser life form would be considered a breach of this belief, that's why they go to great lengths to ensure that their technology does not fall in to the hands of lesser species. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened, as it clearly has in canon.

I would use the term "Equal" loosely, like extremely loosely. While some humans have been 'accepted' into Yautja hunting groups or clans, they are never seen as true members of the clan. Michiko, the most well known Human Predator, was always seen as an oddity amongst the clan that took her in, and in the end she was thrown out of it and ultimately had her clan scar removed forever.
    Danny glover killed a pred in a fair fight, he wasn't outright killed and given a trophy.