Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwirlyKins View Post
    I feel like a good workaround for permanesting is giving the marines the option of two knives.

Shrapnel knife to remove shrapnel

Escape knife that allows you to break out of the hive

Just an idea though.
    Something like that I had in mind.

What about merging old and new to become "good"? What about making nests unressistable barehanded, but if you have knife in pocket/belt/armor/boot (but not backpack/satchel) then you can use it to ressist normally. Bootknife after such action would become "embeded in resin" that changes it size to "bulky" and requires few seconds to clear? 2-3 seconds stun still applies, but I feel like occupied nests should emit like 3x3 dim light.

This would give every marine one guaranteed chance to do something. Benos would still need to guard them, but it won't be so much of a chore if you get one guy once, he is fucked up permanently.

I want to be clear: While I just don't like that there is nothing I can do as captured marine, it's not what is primarly of my concern. Benos being able to put 100% forces on frontlines is, it is exactly as allowing marines to leave FoB without any punishment. Beno numbers are in correlation with marine numbers, but did they take into account that about half of the squad sits in LZ and FoB like hydro? I bet it didn't.

It can be also further balanced with those beno structures that aren't implemented for some reason to this day. Make another one: "Healing Pond". Nerf passive healing of benos on weeds, but buff it near this structure. Add another: "Weed Buffer". It being operational buffs weeds in some ways (but not whole map-wide, so they aren't created in the corner of the map and with stronger effect the closer they are to weeds), but needs to have benos to "touch" it from time to time (maybe also add some hints, like roots or some shit that marines can recognise and track). Now benos have to defend something, they have to allocate some force to those structures, or abandon it all and be like marines who abandon FoB. This could also give some flavour to Scout Spec who would be reworked around finding those abandoned, or poorly guarded structures and destroying them with few well placed inci shoots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked guarding hosts. If this is really the direction of travel then a lot more changes should have been implemented at the same time. I.e. less abilities to just drop Marines so they can easily be moved to an egg or carrier, such as screech, Neuro clouds and so on, a review of devouring and if that still fits, removing sentinel or adjusting it in a major way, etc.

I am not at all convinced this change improves the fundamental issue the devs are aiming to fix. The hostility toward it from both sides and the lack of open communication on the issue identified to be fixed are both major concerns here. Neth - why not have an open forum thread on this issue and alternative solutions, including your proposal? Are you that afraid of constructive criticism from outside the bubble of fellow CM developer staff? Some will just be negative and others will just push the status quo, certainly, but if even 10% of posts are helpful and provide options then you will have a variety of useful posts to draw information and ideas from.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    I
    why not have an open forum thread on this issue and alternative solutions, including your proposal?
    the fuck is this then?

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    I actually liked guarding hosts. If this is really the direction of travel then a lot more changes should have been implemented at the same time. I.e. less abilities to just drop Marines so they can easily be moved to an egg or carrier, such as screech, Neuro clouds and so on, a review of devouring and if that still fits, removing sentinel or adjusting it in a major way, etc.
    I've seen you play only 2 times as sentinel and both times only to evolve into a spitter and prae, this is pulling logs for 2 months. So it is interesting to guard hosts still or you are talking about some time long long ago??

there are more changes to to where eggs and nests can be. Neuro clouds were nerfed, xeno skills are being in works now.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like this change.

First off it gets rid of the need for the Xenos to manage their resources. Prior, xenos had to invest atleast some manpower into guarding hosts, now every single xeno but the ovied Queen is going to be at the front, which will cause all sorts of imbalance moving forward.

Secondly, it gets rid of yet more dynamic gameplay from the game. No one likes getting nested, I get that, but who knows you might be that Marine that gets out, disrupts the xenos and causes a fatal collapse in their rear lines. Or, you could escape back to your own lines and have an interesting story to share with your fellow Marines that adds RP enjoyment for all involved.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I've seen you play only 2 times as sentinel and both times only to evolve into a spitter and prae, this is pulling logs for 2 months. So it is interesting to guard hosts still or you are talking about some time long long ago??

there are more changes to to where eggs and nests can be. Neuro clouds were nerfed, xeno skills are being in works now.
    Can you imagine people having life outside the virtual world? Hm, I'll pull up logs of what a player played as just to shit on their opinion.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I see that this makes people frustrated, and obviously EVERYONE will pick option three, because oh all the memorable times they were able to escape! Oh that 1% that is remembered forever.
    That's not fair, Neth.

Blaming the community's opinion on nostalgia is not a great argument, and quite frankly, it's a bit insulting to those people who do enjoy this aspect of the gameplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if this stays around there should be some sort of 'gall meter' that decreases when xenos are around and increases when other non-SSD marines are around. On one hand, having no xenos around you for long enough could let you begin a heavily-extended escape time so that you don't get stuck up in a pushed-out and abandoned hive that the marines didn't check good enough. On the other hand, when 3 or more marines are in view of one another they could become able to resist and attempt an escape (with a longer timer than before, even) and more marines in view of one another could shorten the timer on escape.

I think this would be a good way to change up the nesting gameplay for marines and xenos without absolutely neutering any marine who gets caught and removing the need for xenos to plan how they build/guard their nests. Marines can still coordinate 'great escapes' (the only kind that actually ever work) and wont have to sit around alone if the hive gets pushed and nobody came close enough to the nest to hear sound emotes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO anyone saying we should keep nest guards, should be required to spend 20 hours guarding marines in the hive, and the timer resets if one gets up and kills itself because they were tabbed out afk and not actually guarding.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    Can you imagine people having life outside the virtual world? Hm, I'll pull up logs of what a player played as just to shit on their opinion.
    That player in particular pulled a lot of hours, not a lot of them are sentinel. I was confirming statistics that I have seen in general on specific player that wrote that they had fun playing that particular role.

I don't see issues here