4 3.33%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More active Xeno has been an issue and something we've needed for as long as CM has existed.

Remember that Marines have gotten themselves a metric fuck-ton of QoL improvements while Xenos have remained largely untouched besides stats for a long long time.

Xenos heavily disagreed and I still do that we can't drag corpses around, we're supposed to just leave you in plain view to get defibbed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    More active Xeno has been an issue and something we've needed for as long as CM has existed.

Remember that Marines have gotten themselves a metric fuck-ton of QoL improvements while Xenos have remained largely untouched besides stats for a long long time.

Xenos heavily disagreed and I still do that we can't drag corpses around, we're supposed to just leave you in plain view to get defibbed?
    I used to be in the camp of 'why can't Xenos drag corpses?' back in my newbie days. I quickly realized why it's good that they can't when a Runner dropped me off in the far corner of the map while I had a sliver of health, then executed me.

It can be abused, and it's anti-fun. I'm all for sacrifices for the sake of fun, but sometimes the sacrifice simply isn't worth it. And forcing people to fight over corpses was a good sacrifice in my opinion. Forcing Marines to burst because they got hit by one of many aoe CC abilities? Not so much.
    Last edited by Mevennos; 01-12-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    /snip
    Keep the permahive by all means as it doesn't make sense for humans to be able to escape, just make it harder for xenos to get them back to the hive, such as removing the ability to "eat" marines, throwing huggers and carriers.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevennos View Post
    ~snip~
    We are actively trying to reduce ability for xenos to drag from the frontlines or backlines. Eggs, hugger changes, speed of hugger application, the fact that you have to be on the ground laying for 2 seconds for carrier hug to apply. The fact that runner cannot have an egg near a frontline to drag you into.

But as soon as you are near hive, as soon as you are close to those eggs and nests - you are absolutely fair game. I have no intentions to promote aggressive hive pushing round start, neither I have intentions of promoting hug-n-drag gameplay

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevennos View Post
    It can be abused, and it's anti-fun. I'm all for sacrifices for the sake of fun, but sometimes the sacrifice simply isn't worth it. And forcing people to fight over corpses was a good sacrifice in my opinion. Forcing Marines to burst because they got hit by one of many aoe CC abilities? Not so much.
    AoE CCs are going, besides ones you can avoid or cancel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the change is fine so long as we maintain the requirement for nests and eggs to be placed near the hive. Besides, most of the time when marines are captured, their objectives are never really to escape, but to make the xeno team suffer as much as possible (by either forcing at least one player to babysit them or effectively ruining a small group of potential hosts by just popping a single M15) before they inevitably die and log off. I'd be more empathetic to those who think that marines should be able to resist for the chance of escape, but we all know that's really what happens the large majority of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping this in place will probably help with marine rushing

is it the only way to deal with that? of course not

but I don't see any better solutions atm

and really this kinda setup makes it easier for a group to get to a nested marine to break em free, if they so choose

xenos are just leaving nests in the open now, farther from the hive as opposed to before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like a good workaround for permanesting is giving the marines the option of two knives.

Shrapnel knife to remove shrapnel

Escape knife that allows you to break out of the hive

Just an idea though.
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei
    "The best medic USCM has to offer."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    their objectives are never really to escape, but to make the xeno team suffer as much as possible (by either forcing at least one player to babysit them or effectively ruining a small group of potential hosts by just popping a single M15) before they inevitably die and log off.
    Yes. I feel like this is what I was trying to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today i will bombard marines with shrapnel and constant gas at chokepoints and nest them with zero risk to myself in the tang gas as i return to the frontline to deliver more cancer before i am inevitably killed and deliver ooc salt