User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    What made you think you can be stunned by a shotgun as a queen? You need explosives to stun a queen and even then, nades and clays do not do enough to stun her unless you are relying on the shockwave in a tiny box area. OBs, CAS, mortar rounds and Chem bombs are the only things that will bunga a queen to a stun.

Even then, the queen gave up. A robust queen even a young one in that situation could screech and neuro away. Then slash head, groin or arms hoping for a crit to IGNORE ALL ARMOUR AND DO EXTRA DAMAGE. Infact you never seem to raise this up at all when you claim the damage a xeno does is shit. One crit will most likely break bones and if you are really really lucky can slam a marine's organs into paste requiring extensive medical treatment or instant death if it's a heart breaker.

The knowledge you're showing here is either lacking in some way or selective in how you've interpreted it. Some of the best xeno players can take on 5 preds in a round after killing 10 or so marines. They don't seem to complain about buckshot. The only exception to this are the one trick ponies that play lurker, cloak and jump at lone marines. Sure they can kill a bunch of marines over time but then they bump into a robusto who sends them into xeno hell for being an unrobust one trick pony that expects an easy win.
    me when I click on aliens with shotgun: chad robusto
    me when I click on marines with lurker pounce: virgin unrobust one trick pony

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    me when I click on aliens with shotgun: chad robusto
    me when I click on marines with lurker pounce: virgin unrobust one trick pony
    me when I fight marines that doesn't have buckshot shotgun: Haha marine bones do crack! Tallhosts mad x24!
    me when I fight marines with buckshot shotgun: NOOOOO! YOU CAN'T USE BUCKSHOT SHOTGUN! YOU ARE UNROBUST, ITS CHEATING YOU POWERGAMER, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF DEALING WITH RUNNERS! NOOOOO! YOU CAN'T JUST RUN UP TO THE SSD QUEEN AND 3 PB HER! NO MARINE SHOULD EVER WIN 1vs1 AGAINST ALIEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    me when I fight marines that doesn't have buckshot shotgun: Haha marine bones do crack! Tallhosts mad x24!
    me when I fight marines with buckshot shotgun: NOOOOO! YOU CAN'T USE BUCKSHOT SHOTGUN! YOU ARE UNROBUST, ITS CHEATING YOU POWERGAMER, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF DEALING WITH RUNNERS! NOOOOO! YOU CAN'T JUST RUN UP TO THE SSD QUEEN AND 3 PB HER! NO MARINE SHOULD EVER WIN 1vs1 AGAINST ALIEN!
    I dont have a problem with shotguns so :shrug:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty much recognized by anyone who isn't a xeno main that PBing takes more skill than lurker pounce. Lurker pounce has a 6 tile range, automatic tracking, can turn 2 corners to find its target and is a guaranteed 6 slashes per pounce, which is enough to hardcrit a marine. Shotgun PB has 1 tile range which makes it very finnicky since if a xeno moves away or moves into you, it forces you to fire at them without PBing, so if you didn't wield you miss all your shots. Your reward is 284 brute damage reduced by armour and a stun, which is not enough to crit anything that isn't a runner.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't literally comparing these two actions but how the two fight, if you think only galaxy brained people can run around with light armor and click-swap-click then that's your prerogative

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I wasn't literally comparing these two actions but how the two fight, if you think only galaxy brained people can run around with light armor and click-swap-click then that's your prerogative
    I wish people would quit acting like marines take skill. The entire reason that they removed all permadeath and made the game easy mode is because marines are shit at the game. There are very few people who are good at this game and a lot of people who think they are good and so when they lose they call everything unbalanced and unfair. Point blanking takes no skill. Just because lurker and warrior has gay shit doesnt make this any less true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I wish people would quit acting like marines take skill. The entire reason that they removed all permadeath and made the game easy mode is because marines are shit at the game. There are very few people who are good at this game and a lot of people who think they are good and so when they lose they call everything unbalanced and unfair. Point blanking takes no skill. Just because lurker and warrior has gay shit doesnt make this any less true.
    Salt detected

"all permadeath" the amount of times i see drones building walls around bodies instead of actually helping their team imense, the metadragging is even worse with marines getting crit dragged to the hive with no way of recovery, pointblanking puts you up to get fucked hard by everything xenos have going for them, tackle stun, acid blood, dedicated stun abilities, basic slashes and xeno RNG crits(soon to be removed), in return of putting up with this risk you get to essentially do more damage by going through their armor and stunning that piece of shit warrior whos been lunging and devouring marines before they can stand up. The rng in using a shotgun in its intended range is so buttfucked that even if wielded with an angled grip and on the tile next to a xeno you can miss all your buckshot on that lurker who is stunned on your buddy. If you try to pb while hes on your buddy you might end up pbing your own guy if he decided to just ... move and get out of PB range or gets tackled

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diedsniper View Post
    Salt detected

"all permadeath" the amount of times i see drones building walls around bodies instead of actually helping their team imense, the metadragging is even worse with marines getting crit dragged to the hive with no way of recovery, pointblanking puts you up to get fucked hard by everything xenos have going for them, tackle stun, acid blood, dedicated stun abilities, basic slashes and xeno RNG crits(soon to be removed), in return of putting up with this risk you get to essentially do more damage by going through their armor and stunning that piece of shit warrior whos been lunging and devouring marines before they can stand up. The rng in using a shotgun in its intended range is so buttfucked that even if wielded with an angled grip and on the tile next to a xeno you can miss all your buckshot on that lurker who is stunned on your buddy. If you try to pb while hes on your buddy you might end up pbing your own guy if he decided to just ... move and get out of PB range or gets tackled
    Except you dont have to just run around with a shotgun getting in all those situations. You use your other gun until you get the chance to pointblank something and use your macro that instantly switches guns. None of what you said even matters. Its like if spitter could be an annoying little bitch like they are now and then when a marine gets within 1 tile they push 1 button and take 90% of your health with a pointblank acid spit.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Except you dont have to just run around with a shotgun getting in all those situations. You use your other gun until you get the chance to pointblank something and use your macro that instantly switches guns. None of what you said even matters. Its like if spitter could be an annoying little bitch like they are now and then when a marine gets within 1 tile they push 1 button and take 90% of your health with a pointblank acid spit.
    Except marine guns don't actually do damage at range, while the spitter has the DoT and the extremely obnoxious neuro that sleeps you if you get hit enough.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Except marine guns don't actually do damage at range, while the spitter has the DoT and the extremely obnoxious neuro that sleeps you if you get hit enough.
    Ya they dont do damage when you cant aim (see my comment about bad players who think they are good crying unbalanced and unfair). Now go watch someone whos not shit use a l42.