User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The FOB Meta and why you should Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    This doesn't happen. Boiler isn't as good at sieges as you think it is. You have this misconception because indeed, it used to be overpowered in sieges until, for whatever reason, it got nerfed. Generally boilers are a joke to deal with on defense now. Their damage to defenses is minimal and can be fixed quickly, and their antipersonnel damage is easy to dodge. And there are still some ways to take them out, for example CAS/Mortar/OB, which would normally require the boiler to be braindead, but not so much anymore because they're silent.
    You know what would be an interesting solution? Make it so that the 3x3 AOE that boilers have does no damage to marines, but instead immediately applies weak acid to structures in the radius. Make it use all of the boiler’s plasma if you don’t want them spamming it. Then you have a guaranteed destruction of an area of cade line, but it doesn’t happen immediately & doesn’t completely invalidate cades, just turns them into what they’re really supposed to be: a time-buyer for either counter attack or evac.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 05-07-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: I do not know why it made my text all tiny

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    This doesn't happen. Boiler isn't as good at sieges as you think it is. You have this misconception because indeed, it used to be overpowered in sieges until, for whatever reason, it got nerfed. Generally boilers are a joke to deal with on defense now. Their damage to defenses is minimal and can be fixed quickly, and their antipersonnel damage is easy to dodge. And there are still some ways to take them out, for example CAS/Mortar/OB, which would normally require the boiler to be braindead, but not so much anymore because they're silent.
    One of the devs told me that boilers were not nerfed, which I find hard to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    One of the devs told me that boilers were not nerfed, which I find hard to believe.
    Because he's correct - they weren't nerfed after the update went live, but they went through a lot of changes in the closed, open tests and dev branch phases if I remember well. They're a far cry away from what they used to be, unstoppable FOB busters.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It used to be that the admins would blow up annoying spergforts. Now the devs see them as a good thing. WTF CM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make crushers FOB-busters again I miss dodging them
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution: Each and every boiler gets special "gas" (CO2?) ability that is AOE 4x4 (5x5?). It has very short cooldown, takes basically no plasma and boiler can shoot it for eternity. Such gas would constantly turn off welders in affected area and nothing else. This way two boilers can effectively destroy cades, while preventing easy repair. All marines have to do is to scare off one Boiler and then repair. Benos can't destroy everything with only one boiler.

Its win-win situation. Marines need some cooperation to build and maintain FOB, benos need some cooperation to siege and breach said FOB. This way only Boiler anti-cades abilities are improved and nothing else. Any other buff to boilers, or nerf to cades would impact nearly whole game and that is not needed.

Maybe add some "rust" effect on the gas too. Like if boiler can constantly spam rust gas on cades for like 4 minutes, they simply are destoyed. Timer is reset if boiler stops emmiting rust gas.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what i heard Neth wants to make both LZ hijackable so marines cant just fob camp anymore. It will just mean marines hide until aliens jack the other DS then have 150 marines on the almayer but atleast the game will end.

edit: this is also gonna completely fuck up balance cause devs will be too dumb to stop counting hijacking as a xeno win and so every round will look like a xeno win even when xenos are getting slaughtered on the almayer because of 150 turtling marines then they will nerf xenos/buff marines. Its gonna be a clusterfuck.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-08-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Solution: Each and every boiler gets special "gas" (CO2?)
    How about bombarding them with plain old H2? Plan, old, reliably reactive Hydrogen. They try to ignite the welders to fix the cades and instead explode.

Maybe add some "rust" effect on the gas too. Like if boiler can constantly spam rust gas on cades for like 4 minutes, they simply are destoyed. Timer is reset if boiler stops emmiting rust gas.
    I like the idea of something like this or some kind of “acid rain,” where they spray it up into the air and it very slowly, melts cades like weak acid, but from a distance.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    How about bombarding them with plain old H2? Plan, old, reliably reactive Hydrogen. They try to ignite the welders to fix the cades and instead explode.

I like the idea of something like this or some kind of “acid rain,” where they spray it up into the air and it very slowly, melts cades like weak acid, but from a distance.
    I already suggested an acid mortar structure for the xenos that can fire an incendiary mortar explosion-sized acid spray that applies acid to all cades it hits in the area. It's stupid but it's better than what we currently have for the xenos, which is literally nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rscadd: Boiler Acid Glob slight damage increase against cades.
    rscadd: Boiler Trapper Mine slight damage increase against cades.
    rscadd: Increased Crusher base health. Increased Crusher Charge speed.
    rscadd: Increased Defender Fortify for base and Steelcrest. Increased movement speed in Fortify for Steelcrest.
    rscdel: Tesla coil now disables defenses in a 7x7, same as its damage radius. Tesla Coil health is reduced from 200 to 150.
    rscdel: Reduced Prae Vanguard Dash distance by 1 tile.
    rscadd: Reduced cooldown between applying acid DoTs to same target for Spitter.
    rscadd: Ravager Berserker now gets a base health increase. Berserker Apprehend now slows for a bit when initially targeting.
    rscadd: Ravager Hedgehog now gets a base armour increase.
    rscdel: ASRS now has a lower chance of spitting out metal and plasteel.

Just posted on Discord by Vampmare. Seems like the devs are aware of the issue, thank Allah for them, but I doubt this will defeat the FOB meta singlehandedly.

This is a good day.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome