User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The FOB Meta and why you should Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    rscadd: Boiler Acid Glob slight damage increase against cades.
    rscadd: Boiler Trapper Mine slight damage increase against cades.
    rscadd: Increased Crusher base health. Increased Crusher Charge speed.
    rscadd: Increased Defender Fortify for base and Steelcrest. Increased movement speed in Fortify for Steelcrest.
    rscdel: Tesla coil now disables defenses in a 7x7, same as its damage radius. Tesla Coil health is reduced from 200 to 150.
    rscdel: Reduced Prae Vanguard Dash distance by 1 tile.
    rscadd: Reduced cooldown between applying acid DoTs to same target for Spitter.
    rscadd: Ravager Berserker now gets a base health increase. Berserker Apprehend now slows for a bit when initially targeting.
    rscadd: Ravager Hedgehog now gets a base armour increase.
    rscdel: ASRS now has a lower chance of spitting out metal and plasteel.

Just posted on Discord by Vampmare. Seems like the devs are aware of the issue, thank Allah for them, but I doubt this will defeat the FOB meta singlehandedly.

This is a good day.
    Don’t be so quick to doubt. None of those lines indicate by how much anything was changed. If they were little tweaks, we’ll see. Big tweaks, could change the entire dynamic.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    Don’t be so quick to doubt. None of those lines indicate by how much anything was changed. If they were little tweaks, we’ll see. Big tweaks, could change the entire dynamic.
    With boiler tweaks it says "slight", so basically jack shit it will do to hugging FoB meta. Crusher just got more tanky and that nearly doesn't matter in FoB defence, only frontlines make him eat more PBs, Pulse Rifle etc.
    Tesla Coil that doesn't let sentries and shit like that near it, so matters only slighty, its still way better to have flaming sentry than Tesla at FoB.
    The most that matter is less FoB mats, but that doesn't mean FoBs will be smaller, it means that there will be less frontline cades.

As always, the solution that gets implemented to any problem has to create more problems and don't quite fully solve the original issue in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of people just suggesting the devs lower the amount of mats marines get. I don't think this would be a wise action as it would just make marines lose most rounds. There is a reason that marines Cade turtle and that is the marine weapons are really shitty. I think the devs should buff how much damage both sides can do while reducing the tankyness and fortifications of both Xenos and marines. While cade turtling is the issue now, let's not forget Xeno delaying and how big of an issue that was a few months back. I would like to see a return to the meta of when both sides would basically meet for a huge fight at the start of the deployment and whoever won that would have the momentum to win the round.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjia View Post
    I see a lot of people just suggesting the devs lower the amount of mats marines get. I don't think this would be a wise action as it would just make marines lose most rounds. There is a reason that marines Cade turtle and that is the marine weapons are really shitty. I think the devs should buff how much damage both sides can do while reducing the tankyness and fortifications of both Xenos and marines. While cade turtling is the issue now, let's not forget Xeno delaying and how big of an issue that was a few months back. I would like to see a return to the meta of when both sides would basically meet for a huge fight at the start of the deployment and whoever won that would have the momentum to win the round.
    Too late, ASRS gives out less free metal and plasteel now.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marines were buffed earlier with more free engie mats so it more back to norm, somewhat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crushers still stunned by sandbags. Truly epic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine playing crusher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjia View Post
    I don't think this would be a wise action as it would just make marines lose most rounds.
    As a marine main, this is what I miss of back on the days when I started playing CM, marine victory being rare made the game so much thrilling.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountyontheBounty View Post
    As a marine main, this is what I miss of back on the days when I started playing CM, marine victory being rare made the game so much thrilling.
    What stops you from, for example, using only fists to fight with benos and trying to not be captured to the round end? This gotta be thrilling, you and only you can experience the thrill of loosing so much, while other players enjoy fair play.

Win-Win situation in my opinion. Benomain wolf is full and marine sheep is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What stops you from, for example, using only fists to fight with benos and trying to not be captured to the round end? This gotta be thrilling, you and only you can experience the thrill of loosing so much, while other players enjoy fair play.

Win-Win situation in my opinion. Benomain wolf is full and marine sheep is fine.
    The game wasn't meant to be fair back on the days, that notion made it so unique, I would argue that also contributed to a higher level of RP among the marines, Im not sure if its only the thrill of a demanding challenge that made it so appealing to me, but overall doesnt feel the same. It doesnt mean that i want hugger combat back, I actually think there's xenos right now that need a nerf, but I certainly miss the Sulaco times vibe.