User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how such a large amount of time as marine is spent getting geared up and deployed isn't at all proportional to how much effort is required to kill Marines, maybe if set up times were shortened it wouldn't feel so agonizing, like to for example no one has a problem suicide rushing cases because they have no time investment or reason to preserve themselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's just face it, not wearing armor and only a helmet is viable now, since you're going to get broken bones either way.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Let's just face it, not wearing armor and only a helmet is viable now, since you're going to get broken bones either way.
    its funny that yall dont realize when you do things like this it just leads to more xeno "balance changes" to counter this dumb shit then yall cry. The entire reason faster evolution was added is because yall meta rush every fucking round even before mutators were a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    its funny that yall dont realize when you do things like this it just leads to more xeno "balance changes" to counter this dumb shit then yall cry. The entire reason faster evolution was added is because yall meta rush every fucking round even before mutators were a thing.
    When no-armor is viable, I strongly doubt devs respond by buffing xenos.

As for meta rushing, it was not possible on LV at all, didn't happen even close to every round, unless your anecdotal evidence is somehow superior to mine.

And lastly, I would highly appreciate if you would stop speaking as if you're the only xeno player in the room, I was pointing out the absurdity of the current situation with my statement: If marines have nothing to lose by taking off the armor, then something is clearly wrong with the balancing, seeing how non-armored marines are pretty fast.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    When no-armor is viable, I strongly doubt devs respond by buffing xenos.

As for meta rushing, it was not possible on LV at all, didn't happen even close to every round, unless your anecdotal evidence is somehow superior to mine.

And lastly, I would highly appreciate if you would stop speaking as if you're the only xeno player in the room, I was pointing out the absurdity of the current situation with my statement: If marines have nothing to lose by taking off the armor, then something is clearly wrong with the balancing, seeing how non-armored marines are pretty fast.
    Ya 1 map it didnt happen... until they added nightmare now it happens every time theres a hole in the fog. I guarentee they dont think marines should be running around with no armor so they aint gonna look at it and be like oh we fucked up. They are gonna be like this is stupid lets stop them from doing it.

I can speak how ever I want I dont give a shit if you are a xeno player or not.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya 1 map it didnt happen... until they added nightmare now it happens every time theres a hole in the fog.
    Excuse me? I don't know what you're talking about, I've never seen a round where the fog holes let Marines swarm the Hive before the fog drops as a Xeno. They always push in a bit, but never quite enough to reach the caves, or we push them out and hold, but don't quite push out to their side of the fog.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its time to properly determine what is a counter for what.
    Marines metarushed, becouse xenos are gaining power in time, while marines are weaker with every second. Nobody rushed just for the sake of fighting faster, or to break the rule. That was and is still the only viable tactic to win. Other "way" to win, but this doesn't have anything with tactic, is for benos to be bald and make constant mistakes. Mistakes of such caliber, that fast healing on weeds, Fire-immunity, explosion-immunity, Stun-immunity (etc) can't be "Get out of the jail" free cards.

Three slashes in armor from mature lurker = Paincrit, IB and broken bones. Not having armor helps you avoid pouncing and this results in less casualities.
    Charge from mature Crusher = Paincrit, IB and broken bones. Not having armor helps you avoid charge and this results in less casualities.
    Neuro = Easy pickings for any beno.

Yeah, old benos never did anything to counter marines that wasn't in devs mind. Term "Junkhive" should ring a bell. Term "Body Dragging" also. Melting Prep Vendors? Nah, it was marines with heartburn, they vomited acid and benos got nerfed for NO RAISIN! Slipping into DS as larvae? Pesky Marine larvaes, staff can't recognise which one are benos and which one are not.

Powergamers will powergame no matter the side. Player who plays metarushing marine, also plays LZ1 walling beno.
    Marines were always told to "git gud" and "adapt" to the new situations and here we are: Discouraging from "adaptation", becouse benos finding sudden change in meta can't adjust themselfs.

The "entire reason" faster evolution was added isn't metarushing. The reason for that mainly were benomains crying acid tears, becouse "they have to wait so long to be usefull".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    The "entire reason" faster evolution was added isn't metarushing. The reason for that mainly were benomains crying acid tears, becouse "they have to wait so long to be usefull".
    I don't understand why you both call actual points about opposing issues "crying".

Marine meta-rush is a problem, but it was clearly the most viable strategy against xenos and it's stupid to think someone would play a game to lose... (yes-yes, you marines should play for roleplay while xenos can fulllfil their murderbones without a threat).
    Xenos would also utilize any cheese strategy to win just like marines do. The only difference, they don't need it.

Xeno's maturation is also a problem and it's understandable to complain about that. Both for xenos (as they have to wait till "young" is over) and for marines (as they can't win against ancient t3s/t2s.

The main problem with mutators they fixed of these but added new problems (killing chances of survivors, destroying FOB defence stage).
    They also kinda worsened these two. Now meta-rush is the ONLY viable strategy for marines while early-game xenos are even worse because of weapon buff.

With all said, I still think, mutators are great addition to CM but they really need a proper rework
    Last edited by RuAlastor; 01-29-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuAlastor View Post
    I don't understand why you both call actual points about opposing issues "crying".

Marine meta-rush is a problem, but it was clearly the most viable strategy against xenos and it's stupid to think someone would play a game to lose... (yes-yes, you marines should play for roleplay while xenos can fulllfil their murderbones without a threat).
    Xenos would also utilize any cheese strategy to win just like marines do. The only difference, they don't need it.

Xeno's maturation is also a problem and it's understandable to complain about that. Both for xenos (as they have to wait till "young" is over) and for marines (as they can't win against ancient t3s/t2s.

The main problem with mutators they fixed of these but added new problems (killing chances of survivors, destroying FOB defence stage).
    They also kinda worsened these two. Now meta-rush is the ONLY viable strategy for marines while early-game xenos are even worse because of weapon buff.
    crying is the same thing as salting/being salty its a gaming term that every uses constantly especially on colonial marines. Being salty about meta rushing being punished isn't an actual point when meta rush has been illegal and actively punished for YEARS. Its not a viable strategy its CHEATING. They added fog/nightmare/faster evo/god knows what else im forgetting to mechanically stop you from meta rushing because once again it is against the rules aka CHEATING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos also utilize any loophole in rules. You can check player report section right now for that.
    I still believe, buffing xeno-late game is wrong approach to discouraging meta-rushes. There's plenty ways to do it in other ways