User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuAlastor View Post
    Xenos also utilize any loophole in rules. You can check player report section right now for that.
    I still believe, buffing xeno-late game is wrong approach to discouraging meta-rushes. There's plenty ways to do it in other ways
    im not talking about xeno buffs. Im talking about marines doing stupid stuff that causes the devs to do things to counter stupid stuff. Meta rushing is an example. I was commenting on wearing no armor being stupid and not WAD. It will be punished if it becomes meta to not wear armor.

Yall don't pay attention to what the devs say closely. Awan made an entire post saying they don't give a shit about our suggestions because they have a "vision". Visions take a while to implement and they are doing it piece by piece with mutators/gun overhaul/cas rework/everything else. So of course shits unbalanced when they only have part of their vision implemented. This is why they arent doing anything to fix the balance right now. They are just working on the next part of their vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    im not talking about xeno buffs. Im talking about marines doing stupid stuff that causes the devs to do things to counter stupid stuff. Meta rushing is an example. I was commenting on wearing no armor being stupid and not WAD. It will be punished if it becomes meta to not wear armor.

Yall don't pay attention to what the devs say closely. Awan made an entire post saying they don't give a shit about our suggestions because they have a "vision". Visions take a while to implement and they are doing it piece by piece with mutators/gun overhaul/cas rework/everything else. So of course shits unbalanced when they only have part of their vision implemented. This is why they arent doing anything to fix the balance right now. They are just working on the next part of their vision.
    "It's not stupid if it works"
    If devs make it that way that winning requires not wear armor, marines wouldn't wear armor.
    If devs make it that way that winning requires xenos going only "damage hive", xenos would go only "damage hive".

Don't blame marines for using what's turns out to be the only working strategy.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It's not stupid if it works"
    If devs make it that way that winning requires not wear armor, marines wouldn't wear armor.
    If devs make it that way that winning requires xenos going only "damage hive", xenos would go only "damage hive".

Don't blame marines for using what's turns out to be the only working strategy.
    Marines would never go into combat against someone with a gun with no armor if they have the option. Ya but they are fighting xenos right? So its advantageous to go without the armor to run faster. Ya too bad they don't know they are fighting xenos so its metagaming. Thus its stupid to go without armor because you are metagaming on a "medium RP" server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos would never go against the will of the queen or kill infected host without permission, but it's boring to guard talls, right?
    So it's easier just to kill them.
    And don't tell me xenos do not metagame...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos would never go against the will of the queen or kill infected host without permission, but it's boring to guard talls, right?
    So it's easier just to kill them.
    And don't tell me xenos do not metagame...
    I cant speak for every xeno but I try not to metagame. Most of the time xenos do metagame they get smacked down though like when they get on the almayer as a drone and melt the vendors and stuff like that. There really aren't that many ways for xenos to metagame that I can think of off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then why can you speak for every marine?
    You can't name a lot because xenos do not have a lot of names. I've seen plenty as a marine
    Last edited by RuAlastor; 01-29-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then why can you speak for every marine?
    You can't name a lot because xenos do not have a lot of names. I've seen plenty as a marine
    Name all the ways xenos metagame then if you can name so many.

if only a few marines were metarushing then it wouldnt be a problem. Yall have to do it in mass for it to be a problem. I dont even know why you are trying to argue this. I doubt you can name one thing that xenos meta as a whole and not just a few people here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patrolling LZ waiting for hosts and directly attack, meta-target specs and their weapons, meta rush on Alamo as lurker to meme on Almayer, melting all the shit on Alamo after first landing... I can go on forever.

Probably, you can name marines who always meta-rush?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patrolling LZ waiting for hosts and directly attack, meta-target specs and their weapons, meta rush on Alamo as lurker to meme on Almayer, melting all the shit on Alamo after first landing... I can go on forever.

Probably, you can name marines who always meta-rush?
    No one patrols lz waiting to rush marines, killing specs isnt meta, idk why you mean by melting shit on alamo after first landing but aliens can melt anything they want on the planet and the alamo is on the planet. Keep going cause you only provided 1 and its been done by like 2 people since the new mutator was added and will eventually get removed anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No one patrols lz waiting to rush marines, killing specs isnt meta, idk why you mean by melting shit on alamo after first landing but aliens can melt anything they want on the planet and the alamo is on the planet. Keep going cause you only provided 1 and its been done by like 2 people since the new mutator was added and will eventually get removed anyways.
    Yes, runners never run around LZ to scout. Meta buildings and traps at Lz1 are also not a thing...
    Targetting specs isn't meta before they shot once? Lol, okay. Then it's not metarush unless admins actually punish marines who meta-rushed. Turns out, marines don't meta-rush at all.
    Melting Alamo Gau and fuel enchancer before it was actually used is considered to be meta but noone cares about that.
    Ye, it's been done only by two people, of course... And meta rush would also get eventually remove, so it doesn't count as well

Using facehuggers just to stun marine and then kill; meta rush for lz1 as queen to call alamo before marines get there or meta-rush to lock the DS1 down; targeting t-comms both planetside and Almayer...

Also, why you always talk about "meta-rushes" when it's also a xeno issue (of course not always, there're exceptions)
    I've had dozens of rounds where xenos couldn't sit inside the cave and wait for their maturity. There's always a bunch of murderbone ravs/lurkers/warriors who rush into marines and run away straight to the queen. Even if you order them to retreat to the fake-hive, some shitheads will still retreat to the main hive.
    You might say, "it's hard to control every xeno" but how do you expect to control every marine? There's like 5 times more of them. And the main problem is they can't run around alone like xenos do (they also can't outrun, hide in the vents, become invisible, burrow under the ground), if one runs, most likely, the whole squad would run after him to save their buddy. And whalla, meta-rush because of one murderbone ravager.
    (E.g. it's not marines who come to the caves on LV first, it's benos who come to hydro)
    Last edited by RuAlastor; 01-29-2019 at 03:38 PM.