User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if pounce/spit cancelling on armour is RNG then it would be pretty salt-inducing, presuming it actually has a decent chance (and it should because a single good pounce/neuro is usually enough to take a marine out of the fight for at least a little while). Reducing stun duration might be better, but that also carries some problems e.g. people might accidentally FF you thinking you won't be getting yet. Could also make you slower to drag, which would work both ways: more tradeoffs to consider?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That Happy Cat View Post
    Well if pounce/spit cancelling on armour is RNG then it would be pretty salt-inducing, presuming it actually has a decent chance (and it should because a single good pounce/neuro is usually enough to take a marine out of the fight for at least a little while). Reducing stun duration might be better, but that also carries some problems e.g. people might accidentally FF you thinking you won't be getting yet. Could also make you slower to drag, which would work both ways: more tradeoffs to consider?
    People will quit using pounce at all. even if its a 10% chance to block a pounce that lurker is automatically dead every time because they get stunned for a shit ton of time after a pounce.

The way I read it though is they have the ABILITY to cancel pounce/neruo. So its a skill they use to get back up. Maybe he just worded it wrong. If its a real ability then it will be so bullshit its not even funny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just prefer much better protection against bullets and slightly better protection against slashes for armors and not this RNG salt-inducing system.

Neuro RNG is already cancerous enough, and now with added chance for the spits to get denied, it just won't be fun to have to gamble with RNG every time you play. The game will just be a dice roll, and no longer based on calculations or skills.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 01-30-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    I would just prefer much better protection against bullets and slightly better protection against slashes for armors and not this RNG salt-inducing system.

Neuro RNG is already cancerous enough, and now with added chance for the spits to get delayed, it just won't be fun to have to gamble with RNG every time you play. The game will just be a dice roll, and no longer based on calculations or skills.
    Dont worry they will make sure queen can 1v50 the marines cause shes the end boss. fuck every other xeno.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that "cancel" ability would be tied to walking and facing opponent then it would be cool.
    Xenos would know when their chance to pounce/neuro is lower, so they would be forced to "small flank" any marine. Less RNG, more skill.
    Preds already have a chance to deny pounce if they are facing current beno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now I macro "Northface/Westface/Eastface/Southface" and spam them (behold, my spin move), to change direction quickly and whoop you with RNG block.

One bad pounce into 2-3 marines can already mean the death of you if those 2-3 marines are on the ball, and now you have to face with RNG cancel which stuns you back too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armor RNG pounce is AIDS lol. Maybe if the xeno bounces off and isn�t stunned. Giving armor BS properties to incentivize marines wearing it is not a good approach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mutators offered greater, but now they're just bland and not fun to fight against, nor to fight with.
    Aswell as xenos being a 'hivemind', now theyre just as individual as marines are. Admins punish xenos for not following orders, when really, mutators offers incentives for doing so.
    Constant rounds where lurkers attempt to board the almayer, especially first drop.
    Along with shipside xenos thinking they're robust for killing unarmed support staff, you're really not.

To put it short, there have been too many xeno 'fail-safes' added for xenos.

EDIT: As other people have stated before, mutators should be a side grade, instead of a complete upgrade.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    And now I macro "Northface/Westface/Eastface/Southface" and spam them (behold, my spin move), to change direction quickly and whoop you with RNG block.

One bad pounce into 2-3 marines can already mean the death of you if those 2-3 marines are on the ball, and now you have to face with RNG cancel which stuns you back too.
    Yet another reason to remove spinning retardation.
    As I said, preds have this already implemented, but I didn't saw any predator that would spin at all. Not even outside the fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side grades are kinda crappy though. Xenos are already tied into side grades through evolution, once you pick a caste your forced down that path. Runners castes are fast and damaging, but weak. Defenders are slow but tough, drones are pure support and sentinels are memes (Stuns are always salt inducing).

As for Lurkers, they always try to sneak onto drop-ships to kill the PO (defend the FoB, don't just unga off). I personally consider the runner castes (Runner, lurker and Ravager) aof a bogey man. Yes, in one on one they are deadly and they are impossible to keep us with, but against any kind of sustained fire the crumple like paper. Their main targets are marines on their own (like POs) or marines wandering too far ahead of the front line.

Personally I look forward to more 'unique' personal mutators like the Queens Extra egg laying ability, that can do work if used right and help with unique style of plays, rather than flat side grades.

In the end though Health, Speed, Armor, Damage will just be balanced around as the new baseline, with unique mutators being what gives xenos individuality.