User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever... Don't get me wrong, but I still believe both side will go against rules if it is not directly forbidden by the administration, like sort of "meta-rush" or breaking SOP for marines rn. Yes, it is a rule break and still it is not punished by admins, even blatant ones (only IC for marines, but who cares). Xenos on the other side have not that strict rule set so they can reliably win without breaking it. I hope you would agree with that.

I still think, that stopping "meta-rushes" wasn't the main goal of these updates (like nightmare, mutators, objectives, tank), because, as I said, there're more straight forward and easier options. I'm talking about recent ones because I'm relatively new, mostly about Piachu ones. (IMO, devs are trying to change gameplay in general, but it goes xeno-side HEAVILY).

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Being salty about meta rushing being punished isn't an actual point when meta rush has been illegal and actively punished for YEARS. Its not a viable strategy its CHEATING.
    If someone's cheating to gain an upper hand when they don't necessarily need it, that a problem with their morals.

When someone has to "cheat" in order to even stay competitive or even have fun, that's a problem with game balance.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one patrols lz waiting to rush marines, killing specs isnt meta, idk why you mean by melting shit on alamo after first landing but aliens can melt anything they want on the planet and the alamo is on the planet. Keep going cause you only provided 1 and its been done by like 2 people since the new mutator was added and will eventually get removed anyways.
    Also, yes, it's actually fairly common for the hive to have at least one Xeno randomly chilling within earshot of the LZ waiting for the Alamo to drop down. They don't rush the Alamo, but they sit there waiting for it so the Xenos know the instant it lands. I notice it happen in the majority of rounds I'm Queen and I've even been annoyed enough by it to order the beno to go do something useful. It's more common for a beno to do this than it is for the hive to only find out when the Marines are halfway across the colony, which never happens.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi

Marine FF increase was not intentional. It's not a secret that marine and xeno armor are completely different and work differently.

Also I added a feature where you can decrease chance to get FFed if you use Walk intent, which is not used because marines are perpetually stuck on idea that every round has to be an example of "Push forward Combat".

We are NOT trying to eliminate marines ability to rush the hive, we are just going to make it much more risky (consider it 4/6 pooling as zerg in SC I)

All in good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Hi

Also I added a feature where you can decrease chance to get FFed if you use Walk intent, which is not used because marines are perpetually stuck on idea that every round has to be an example of "Push forward Combat".
    The fundamental problem of this is that dodging is more effective than armor in 95% of the cases. Walk intent is toggled, which further makes it a hassle to change between.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Marine FF increase was not intentional. It's not a secret that marine and xeno armor are completely different and work differently.

We are NOT trying to eliminate marines ability to rush the hive, we are just going to make it much more risky (consider it 4/6 pooling as zerg in SC I)

All in good time.
    That's part of the reason it's not used but the main reason is just that it's not really worth using Walk intent. If dodging FF was guaranteed you'd see people using walk intent more but in its current state it's not worth doing because you're unable to chase after Xenos or dodge pounces/neuro- then you still get shot in the ass anyway. Unless you seriously buffed it since the first implementation it's not worth the loss of speed when most marines have mentally trained themselves not to shoot at you.

I personally toggle Walk intent on if I get pounced or neurospat while next to marines because I know somebody's going to fuck up and try to fill me with lead the moment I stand up, but the moment I'm out of immediate FF danger I'll switch back to Run.

Hive Memory (for the love of god don't add that) will make rushing Xenos even more mandatory because the only way to stop them from coming back is to kill each and every last larva and facehugger on the colony at 12:40 before they get time to mature.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

All in good time.
    But some things you have not thought about (enough): 1) speed is king in SS13 combat, you dont want to go slower you want to go faster, you cant kill when you are slow and you are an easy target for every xeno which by the way can move at light speed thanks to mutators

2)it only decreases the chance so you can still get instant IB+broken chest from a single AP pistol bullet/normal M41 round, better to just move out of the firing way with sufficent speed

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The idea is, having better armor will be better than no armor. What you will trade off in speed (and evasiveness) you will gain in ability to cancel someones pounce/spit or disarm

I just ask you to wait before I rule out my current project

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea is, having better armor will be better than no armor. What you will trade off in speed (and evasiveness) you will gain in ability to cancel someones pounce/spit or disarm

I just ask you to wait before I rule out my current project
    Haha this shit is gonna be cancer as fuck. Gonna start boning up on my ravager skills to counter this shit storm.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha this shit is gonna be cancer as fuck. Gonna start boning up on my ravager skills to counter this shit storm.
    Marines stripping their armor, becouse it's better without it? IT'S CHEATING! THEY ARE CHEATING!
    Marines getting buffs so that they don't have to do that? HAHA, shit is cancer as fuck!