User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Discussion about Development Changelog February/2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I always viewed the carrier as a support role, not a combat role.

Carriers should, at the very least, be supplying the front line with fresh eggs at every opportunity. If they have huggers in supply, they make traps on the frontlines or help xenos infect captured marines. They shouldn't be charging into the thick of the fighting just to get a few infections, considering they aren't that durable to begin with. Drones also work better in a more supportive fashion than combative, using healing buffs, pulling out wounded and setting up forward nests and cover as the fight goes on, along with reweeding areas at will.

I don't think this is going to hurt xenos too much. If anything, maybe... Just maybe... It'll make tackle mutations more worth while.

I also find it funny how the burrower, once considered the most worthless xeno, is now suddenly all the more viable. Funny how the tables turned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely nobody wants to play carrier just to hoof eggs around. Getting eggs to the front line isn't even particularly useful, anyway. It's pretty trivial to chainstun one guy long enough to devour him, and then you just spit him out in the egg chamber and he's done for anyway. I don't know whether this would hurt the xenos overall too much(and I don't know that they don't deserve a little hurting, anyway), but as a class Carrier is totally destroyed. Just, not useful whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without really having a chance to play carrier or drone, I already don't like this update.
    I feel like all xenos should be taken seriously in melee range, even the boiler, but now drones and carriers, while support, have little place in the frontlines, given that marine armor negates their slashes effectively. Sure, tackle is still there, but it's RNG and hard to pull off with their squishiness.

As for the carrier, thrown huggers should have their wait time decreased a bit. Not massively, but enough that not only the baldest of marines would get hugged by a thrown hugger.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Without really having a chance to play carrier or drone, I already don't like this update.
    I feel like all xenos should be taken seriously in melee range, even the boiler, but now drones and carriers, while support, have little place in the frontlines, given that marine armor negates their slashes effectively. Sure, tackle is still there, but it's RNG and hard to pull off with their squishiness.

As for the carrier, thrown huggers should have their wait time decreased a bit. Not massively, but enough that not only the baldest of marines would get hugged by a thrown hugger.
    anything thats so heavily rng based (without frenzy especially) that requires you to get into perfect buckshot range is a trash way to have to fight. So ya im good on tackling even with mutators.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier is still useful, just more as a passive role. Having a carrier or drone hug someone after you neuro/tackle them will more reliably guarantee a capture because hugger stun still exists. Relying on RNG rather than a guaranteed 30second-1minute stun is a pretty retarded bet, and hugger traps still server as a good tool for killing marines momentum in pushes.

However, given that carrier is now extremely niche like the burrower, I think it requires a shake-up to its abilities in order to make it a more fun choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of making carrier useful without combat hugging, I'd say let them carry more eggs since they're basically relegated to a logistical/support role now.

Suicide hugging is still possible, just run into a tight crowd of marines, let them buckshot you to death and then hug dump into them from byond the grave.

Maybe what actually needs to change here is the way face huggers work though?

Ripley was able to hold off one hugger alone, for a little while, what if having a face hugger land on you while standing didn't immediately take you out but instead you were locked into struggling and other marines clicking on you with help intent would pull the hugger off and throw it 5 tiles or so away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As controversial as Combat Hugging change might be, I'd be more interested to know what people think of the two Requisition changes - the drop console, and the new ASRS system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drop console is amazing addition in every way. The cooldown feels a bit long, but I guess that just means CIC has to do something too.

ASRS is both amazing and needs tweaking. It really likes to give HEFA, explosives in general, sidearm ammo instead of primary ammo...
    But the amount of stuff you get from it really makes Req a different and better experience to play.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only real gripe is that you can't put the loose HEDP and HEDA grenades into the vendor nor the special magazines like pistol incendiaries or hollowpoints. I noticed by the way that the ammunition vendor has been really cut back was that intentional? I wss in a round esrlier today and ee had 1 whole M41A AP mag spawn in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat hugging bad and few should miss it's death.
    Otherwise range on throwing huggers and having them land on the face of people downed as suggested could help.
    Maybe a better plasma gain for more traps as well.
    Last edited by Solarmare; 02-03-2019 at 08:49 PM.