User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Discussion about Development Changelog February/2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support 100% these updates specially the haircut one, it was something I was expecting from a long time. Good job devs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minimedkit is the best one.

Constructor kit gives you plastisteel (that you can't use), some sandbags and metal, and doesn't allow you to interact with any of it except sandbags because you have no engi skill. And the tool pouch is useless since you can't use tools.

The engineer kit is similarly useless except for C4 usage (that it doesn't give you so beg your SL for C4 or Req if they have spares), and for cutting down walls / r-walls on certain maps (like Lambda Big Red, ETA, and PRISON STATION). Other then that its similarly useless and gives you a toolbelt that no sane PFC will use because the belt slot can be used for 5 extra mags of pulse or 50 buck / slug / flechette ammo.

Constructor and Engi need to be merged and given a BETTER tool pouch (all except cable coil in a pouch), and given either more metal or more sandbags, with no plastisteel given.

Sniper kit is only good for if Req line is huge and you don't want to use it, or you just don't want to bother with req at all. Otherwise, picking any other kit is infinitely better, as sniper attachments are almost always available at Req as so few people pick it.

Flamer kit is only good if its given either the Pyro's backpack, or the welderpack as part of the kit so you have a refuel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post

Constructor kit gives you plastisteel (that you can't use), some sandbags and metal, and doesn't allow you to interact with any of it except sandbags because you have no engi skill. And the tool pouch is useless since you can't use tools.
    Wrench is useful for scavenging metal. Plasteel is useless because you can't use it and should be replaced by more metal.

Still loves this update though. Hope at some point a squad goes full pyromaniac.
    Last edited by Chocolate_bickie; 02-09-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Cos my first post was all criticism and I actually loves this update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That mini-sniper kit is really neat. That was my exact personal go-to attachment loadout for my m4. Seeing it as an available package to pick up without having to go through req is really nice and should give marines more available ways to counter boilers or long ranged engagements.

Miniconstructor and medic are insanely useful as well, adding more medical and engineering supplies to the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The engineer kit is similarly useless except for C4 usage (that it doesn't give you so beg your SL for C4 or Req if they have spares), and for cutting down walls / r-walls on certain maps (like Lambda Big Red, ETA, and PRISON STATION). Other then that its similarly useless and gives you a toolbelt that no sane PFC will use because the belt slot can be used for 5 extra mags of pulse or 50 buck / slug / flechette ammo.

Constructor and Engi need to be merged and given a BETTER tool pouch (all except cable coil in a pouch), and given either more metal or more sandbags, with no plastisteel given.

Sniper kit is only good for if Req line is huge and you don't want to use it, or you just don't want to bother with req at all. Otherwise, picking any other kit is infinitely better, as sniper attachments are almost always available at Req as so few people pick it.

Flamer kit is only good if its given either the Pyro's backpack, or the welderpack as part of the kit so you have a refuel.
    Kits are very much going to be tweaked - yeah.

Engi and constructor will most likely be merged soon, the plasteel will be removed in exchange for a little more metal.

We'll also be adding a JTAC kit which should be pretty neat.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mini-Pyro kit should definitely give a welderpack, then it would be very much worth using (I was told that it did but I don't see it in the list above). EDIT: nevermind, Mini-Pyro has a welderpack.

Seems like the Mini-Sniper is very much meant to be a FOB defence kit now that it has a bipod. Was hoping it could have an IFF module (that might go on the muzzle or underbarrel) with a corresponding penalty to say fire rate, so it can be more easily used in the field. As it is everything it has can be obtained from Req without too much trouble.

The Mini-Medic is easily the best one at the moment as people have said. Problem is it's a lot better for healing yourself than healing others, and part of that is because Medic 1 still gives you a pretty long delay when using the Health Analyser. I would suggest allowing Medic 1 to have no delay using the Analyser (but keep the increased delay for wound kits and pills) and replacing the Medical Storage Rig with a AFAK, Medikit Pouch, and a bottle each of Bicaridine, Kelotane and Tramadol. That way the Mini-Medic is good for healing the basics, but not anything complicated and certainly can't keep themselves permanently in the field with QC and Peridaxon.

Since Mini-Constructor and Mini-Engi are gonna get merged I think that should be fine.
    Last edited by That Happy Cat; 02-10-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ERROR haircut Starring: Erich Baldshop, Willy Blue, Goosen, and myself Alyx Macacobern

I am error
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with the nerf to Minimedic giving them a pouch with basic meds instead of a rig, you cannot stop me from asking Medbay nicely for a medical rig :^).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with the nerf to Minimedic giving them a pouch with basic meds instead of a rig, you cannot stop me from asking Medbay nicely for a medical rig :^).
    Yeah, and this wouldn't be an issue imo. This is how it was preskills, where you would elect to go to medbay and ask doctors for med supplies. This didn't make the game unbalanced, and it's not like medics were completely replaced by PFCs during that time period. The justification for stopping PFC medics was cause marines are supposed to be shoot shoot only, which is retarded. Utility PFCs aren't a problem, since they can't completely replace medics (or engis) and are not as efficient as them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonkified View Post
    Yeah, and this wouldn't be an issue imo. This is how it was preskills, where you would elect to go to medbay and ask doctors for med supplies. This didn't make the game unbalanced, and it's not like medics were completely replaced by PFCs during that time period. The justification for stopping PFC medics was cause marines are supposed to be shoot shoot only, which is retarded. Utility PFCs aren't a problem, since they can't completely replace medics (or engis) and are not as efficient as them.
    Thats how it always should have been and ive been saying this for ages.

The main balance around the specialized roles is just that, they are SPECIALIZED for that role. They do it faster, they have extra perks (defib for medic, plastisteel for engi), and they can hold a LOT more than a PFC ever could (or would want to).

A minimedic is great but he aint defibbing your ass, nor is he healing you faster nor does he have as much meds to spare as a proper medic. Same with engis.

Medical rig wasn't a problem; you needed to go to Medbay for extra pills anyway if you wanted to be efficient in healing both yourself and your buddies. This nerf just adds an extra step.