Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Surv Death Meta Returns

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    It's not, if you played survivor instead of you'd know marine gameplay and survivor gameplay is different.
    Man, they are humans with additional endurance. Nothing is different in mechanics. They way you should play survivor is slighty different, because you have to roam the map full speed without any armor that slows you down even the slightest, you only fight T1s at the beggining, mix of T1s and T2s later and T3s maybe got involved few minutes before marines land.

Xeno and Marine gameplay is different. Xenos are simple mobs, can't use gear, have plasma, they are completly different.
    Survivors have limbs like marines do, survivors break bones like marines do, survivors use gear like marines do, survivors are human mobs like marines are.
    There is no difference between a marine who took off his armor and a survivor vs warrior, lurker, runner, or any xeno for that matter. Most of the marine vs xeno balance directly impacts survs. That is, was and always will be the case. Thinking that marine vs xeno balance has no impact on survivors is just retarded. Entire reason why T2s can break walls was about xeno vs marine balance, but it fucked up survivors. Entire reason old maturity was reworked is xeno vs marine balance, but survivors got fucked.

Stop fucking acting like playing survivor is suddently so much different from playing marine. Pred gameplay is different from marine gameplay, xeno gameplay is different from marine gameplay, even fucking synth gameplay is different because they can only use melee which heavily impacts their gameplay. Survivor is just a marine with endurance, worse/random gear and less numbers. Enginner, or Medic gameplay is actually more different from standard PFC gameplay than survivor is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Survivor is just a marine with endurance, worse/random gear and less numbers. Enginner, or Medic gameplay is actually more different from standard PFC gameplay than survivor is.
    Doesn't even have the endurance difference anymore, if anything they are like SL's but lack orders if you an't something like a engineer or medical spawn, your armour is worse and gun's are debately a mixed bag.

(below is just to add to the topic and not a direct reply)
    Survivor is literally stats wise no different than a marine, the main differences are you lack time, (You get a minute or 2 assuming you don't get rushed), you lack ammo and your numbers are a hell of a lot smallers.
    For anyone that's saying xeno's don't stand a chance against a bunch of people running around with shotguns, I'd like to say stop being bloody dumb You an't going to win diving in to a five man squad as a single bloody runner, do you think you would win that against marines, NO so don't expect to win that against survivors.

Stop sleeping on other castes as well, Senti's exist so bloody use'em, Defenders are also a solid pick that rarely appears due to the lack of AP that survivors have(Nailgun is literally your most common AP option) so yeah Runner an't the only option and teamwork should be expected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, they are humans with additional endurance. Nothing is different in mechanics. They way you should play survivor is slighty different, because you have to roam the map full speed without any armor that slows you down even the slightest.
    Play survivor, none of this is true except your higher endurance level than PFC (its SL level.)
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play survivor, none of this is true except your higher endurance level than PFC (its SL level.)
    Haha, none of this is true.
    So they don't roam the map at full speed, instead they hold some place with cades... How it is different from marine holding FoB?
    Please, bless me with knowledge of survivor gameplay, I want to know what survivor does, because I think I got severe dementia and head injury related amnesia and I just can't recall survivor gameplay. Survivors are simple mobs with regenerating health, they hold one place on the map, don't roam at all, they don't PB xenos with shotguns (marines do that and survivor gameplay is different), they only melee (physically can't shoot guns), have honor code, have special abilities with cooldown that they have to use their regenerating plasma, they are faster on weeds and can plant them and their facehuggers infect xenos so that little survivorbusters came out of those so survivors can replenish their numbers. Isn't that correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, none of this is true.
    So they don't roam the map at full speed, instead they hold some place with cades... How it is different from marine holding FoB?
    Please, bless me with knowledge of survivor gameplay, I want to know what survivor does, because I think I got severe dementia and head injury related amnesia and I just can't recall survivor gameplay. Survivors are simple mobs with regenerating health, they hold one place on the map, don't roam at all, they don't PB xenos with shotguns (marines do that and survivor gameplay is different), they only melee (physically can't shoot guns), have honor code, have special abilities with cooldown that they have to use their regenerating plasma, they are faster on weeds and can plant them and their facehuggers infect xenos so that little survivorbusters came out of those so survivors can replenish their numbers. Isn't that correct?
    Play survivor then talk about it, the only current maps people consistently roam on are annex and LV for two completely different reasons.
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    Oh, so suddently I wasn't completly wrong, they do roam, depending on map. How is that "... none of this is true..." when it is true on few maps?
    There are literally two things a survivor gang can do. Either roam the map, or cade themself in one place. How roaming the map is different gameplay from marines roaming the map looking for xenos? How cading themselfs in one place is any different gameplay from marines holding FoB?

Or maybe they roam only on annex and LV and both don't roam and don't hold cades/sentries in other maps? Fuckers on those map are living in 4th dimention, their goals beyond my puny little understanding, AFKing from the second they spawn as survivors, thus pulling out a big brain play, not being constraint from mere two options, not roaming, but neither holding, their gamplay totally different from marine and only playing as survivor can give you this knowledge about survivors. You can't describe it, it is impossible, one has to experience survivor gameplay, because otherwise it is like trying to explain colour to someone who is blind since birth, like explaining sound to someone who is deaf since birth, like explaining smell to someone who can't smell since birth, like explaining pain to someone who has no pain receptors since birth, like expaining shame to a psychopath, like expaining love to somebody who never loved before, like explaining god to somebody who has no soul, like expaining the feeling of freedom and of pleasure, nothing ever lasts forever, everybody wants to rule the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so suddently I wasn't completly wrong, they do roam, depending on map. How is that "... none of this is true..." when it is true on few maps?
    There are literally two things a survivor gang can do. Either roam the map, or cade themself in one place. How roaming the map is different gameplay from marines roaming the map looking for xenos? How cading themselfs in one place is any different gameplay from marines holding FoB?

Or maybe they roam only on annex and LV and both don't roam and don't hold cades/sentries in other maps? Fuckers on those map are living in 4th dimention, their goals beyond my puny little understanding, AFKing from the second they spawn as survivors, thus pulling out a big brain play, not being constraint from mere two options, not roaming, but neither holding, their gamplay totally different from marine and only playing as survivor can give you this knowledge about survivors. You can't describe it, it is impossible, one has to experience survivor gameplay, because otherwise it is like trying to explain colour to someone who is blind since birth, like explaining sound to someone who is deaf since birth, like explaining smell to someone who can't smell since birth, like explaining pain to someone who has no pain receptors since birth, like expaining shame to a psychopath, like expaining love to somebody who never loved before, like explaining god to somebody who has no soul, like expaining the feeling of freedom and of pleasure, nothing ever lasts forever, everybody wants to rule the world.
    play survivor
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    play survivor
    Play marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)