User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jailbreaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jailbreak is nothing fun really as an MP. You sit there and see someone break in and then just gun you down to free someone. So wouldn't make any MP round fun. As a person who has played MP and got shot any many times from marines with minors crimes. It's not even funny in the end when I caught the person.

Jail Breaks need to be approved/denied by admins. Thats what I think of how jail breaks should be dealt with first, but could cause the whole round to be shit at that point for the rest of the CIC and MP crew.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    whats the points of making arrests an IC matter then suddenly putting up the "OOC" shield when you try to break them out?

let MP's deal with it, it actually gives them something to do. retard C4's into his brig? he risks getting a hefty sentence or even death, but if he succeeds, then good on him; thats the MP's job to stop him, not admins

but what do i know lol
    It's the same point like that you can fistfight marines for minor things like theft of your gear, but you can't straight up shoot them with gun for the same theft. Any a bit more known marine would cause massive waves of engineers with C4's just to get him out, nobody cares what will happen "after the round". Nobody is afraid court martialing, or anything. Busting marine out of prison because he got 30 minute sentence is stupid, no sane being would do that, It's beno level of RP.

Marine prisoner waiting for execution, that's another pair of shoes. There is reason to bust him out if he is your friend, or something. I'm not entirely sure, if current brig could be accessed trough maintenance, but if it can, then "stealthy approach" would be cool. Just add normal airlocks to prison cells, instead of windoors. Like engineer sabotaging power to brig and then just crowbaring his way into.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's the same point like that you can fistfight marines for minor things like theft of your gear, but you can't straight up shoot them with gun for the same theft. Any a bit more known marine would cause massive waves of engineers with C4's just to get him out, nobody cares what will happen "after the round". Nobody is afraid court martialing, or anything. Busting marine out of prison because he got 30 minute sentence is stupid, no sane being would do that, It's beno level of RP.

Marine prisoner waiting for execution, that's another pair of shoes. There is reason to bust him out if he is your friend, or something. I'm not entirely sure, if current brig could be accessed trough maintenance, but if it can, then "stealthy approach" would be cool. Just add normal airlocks to prison cells, instead of windoors. Like engineer sabotaging power to brig and then just crowbaring his way into.
    being sentenced to jail for 30 minutes is already the same as sentencing someone to death

if its like, 10 or 15 minutes for hooliganism, whatever, but 30 minute sentences or above and you miss most of the round since drop as 12:30 and by 13:00 the game is decided on 80% or so of rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For context on the ruling, I was breaking out my fellow squadmate who saved my life during the OP, they were put in perma while the ship was on Code Red and the ayys were boarding the DS. Jailbreak was completely non-lethal, I simply got two boots to shoot up cryo and screamed ACTIVE SHOOTER IN LOWER ENGI. Then broke into the brig by hacking doors.

I agree it should be an OOC issue if youre breaking out someone who has like a 10 minute timer, or youre shooting up the brig to get someone out (but at that point its just a mutiny). These are extreme examples and shouldn't be used to just say "NO JAILBREAKS EVER. PERIOD."

My point is, Non confrontational Jailbreaks should be an IC issue however I got rule Zero'd on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    MPs already have to battle entire squads just to arrest one PFC for insubordination. If jailbreaks become common then MPs will either need buffing or the brig will need moving again, which would be effort for everyone involved.

I can also see one of those grieftastic episodes where a MP tries to stop the jailbreak everyone starts punching them until they get critted. Then admins have to get involved and it becomes a cluster fuck of people saying
    Player:'well I was only punching'

Admin:'you punched them into crit'

Player:'Everyone else was doing it'

Or

Ahelp:'Delta just caused a jailbreak and critted a MP'

Admins:'This is an IC issue. Have a CM day!'
    Only bad MPs get lynched.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they did something minor, what's the point of busting them out? Did you plan to bust your friend out of police station cell when he insulted cop during heavy drinking night? No, it's stupid, it's very LRP, this is why it should be OOC untill said prisoner has a death sentence. Then it should be a free game.
    I�m really not sure what you�re saying here. Obviously there�s a sliding scale and a line between IC and OOC; jail breaking for a fifteen minute crime is LRP, I�d agree, but therefore applying a broad OOC ban on jailbreaking is silly. Like Swagile said, 30+ min briggings/perma/death sentences are justifiable jailbreaks IMO. I�m not saying admemes shouldn�t intervene on LRP jailbreaks, I just think they should allow it if it�s justifiable IC.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    being sentenced to jail for 30 minutes is already the same as sentencing someone to death

if its like, 10 or 15 minutes for hooliganism, whatever, but 30 minute sentences or above and you miss most of the round since drop as 12:30 and by 13:00 the game is decided on 80% or so of rounds
    In terms of OOC gameplay - Yes, it's nearly "death sentence". In terms of IC story - No, it's fucking 30 minutes of your life, not your whole life. Life that on average takes 37 605 336.8 minutes. We are not allowed to just shoot other marines, because it's how belivelable world works. Who would try to bust anybody from prison with such a light sentence? It's at beno level RP.

Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    I�m really not sure what you�re saying here. Obviously there�s a sliding scale and a line between IC and OOC; jail breaking for a fifteen minute crime is LRP, I�d agree, but therefore applying a broad OOC ban on jailbreaking is silly. Like Swagile said, 30+ min briggings/perma/death sentences are justifiable jailbreaks IMO. I�m not saying admemes shouldn�t intervene on LRP jailbreaks, I just think they should allow it if it�s justifiable IC.
    Jailbreak on 30 minutes sentence is also LRP. Even on permament sentence I take this as LRP, or even worse - Beno RP. To get 30 minutes, or more, you have to seriously commit few minor crimes, or a major ones. Only death sentence is justifiable in IC to jailbreak. We are on a fairly small military ship. Where you will hide? Where you will run? Into even more trouble. Death sentence means you don't have choice either way. Maybe Permanent should also be allowed to bust out, but nothing else. You can always count on parole, you have 100% chance to get released when benos hijack DS, so jailbreak isn't even needed in such cases.

Or: Permanent and Deathsentence = Free game. If less, you have to ask admin.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just remove MPs

grief role that has no purpose after the 12:30 mark

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jailbreak on 30 minutes sentence is also LRP. Even on permament sentence I take this as LRP, or even worse - Beno RP. To get 30 minutes, or more, you have to seriously commit few minor crimes, or a major ones. Only death sentence is justifiable in IC to jailbreak. We are on a fairly small military ship. Where you will hide? Where you will run? Into even more trouble. Death sentence means you don't have choice either way. Maybe Permanent should also be allowed to bust out, but nothing else. You can always count on parole, you have 100% chance to get released when benos hijack DS, so jailbreak isn't even needed in such cases.

Or: Permanent and Deathsentence = Free game. If less, you have to ask admin.
    I seriously don�t understand where you�re reaching the conclusion that 30 minute brig jailbreaks are LRP. I think you�re not really understanding what I�m saying. If you have real, IC/RP justification for wanting to break out/doing a jailbreak then by nature it�s not LRP. Obviously time is a factor in whether or not a jailbreak is justifiable, but it shouldn�t be a determinant. You might be less likely to get IC/RP justification if it�s a 30 minute brigging (as opposed to perma/death sentence), but if you can justify it ICly there shouldn�t be any reason to brand it LRP. What I would say is to have it follow a similar procedure to mutinies (ahelping to make sure it�s allowed/valid).
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the walls around brig just need to be stronger?