Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just L - Commander Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    You seem to have a history with metarushes,LRP and general 18+ content (God please don't do it again), so I only have 1 question: Do you think you have changed that much to deserve this WL ?
    I requested my notes from a mod, and I can go through explaining any of the particular ones you have issues with.

The 'metarush' note was not a meta rush, in my view. I was the XO on LV with minimal staff in the CIC. I decided to try something new by having the marines deploy to LZ1, set up in the cargo domes, and then set up a secondary FOB across/on the river. The IOs were going to scout the colony with some volunteers from other squads.

What happened instead is that someone stole a megaphone, shouted "BRIEFING IS OVER" before I could even finish giving all the orders, and then all the marines rushed over onto the dropship, deployed, and proceeded to unga across the river the moment the fog dropped. The xenos also had next to no defenses, so the marines had almost nothing stopping them from rushing.

There are no other notes for 'metarushing' as far as I know.

I have one note for a 18+ joke I made as RO when someone was griefing me for refusing to give them something, he tried to buckshot me and I somehow didn't die from it, so I made a stupid joke that was consistent with how my character acts. The discord ban is something else entirely, which is resolved now. There are no other notes for 18+ stuff as far as I know.

My understanding of the expectations of the server and staff has changed, but I am consistent in my views that few things can be claimed to be 'LRP' as long as there is no actual definition for what LRP is. My character's personality is consistent across multiple rounds of gameplay, he's a guy who was effectively raised on movies and Old Earth media, so he acts like a weirdo and says dumb stuff. However, I can understand that is odd even by CM standards, so it can cause some confusion when I claim that it makes total sense for my character to behave oddly.

Overall, I am the same person I always have been, I just understand that certain things are expected of the server, and I work around/with those expectations. I will still have and voice my opinions on how I don't believe that "LRP" is something that exists on a server that is effectively a TDM server. The job of the CO, as I say in my app, is to make the round fun while remaining in-character. As long as the character's personality is consistent and their behavior doesn't break OOC rules, I think anything short of rule breaking is fine.

The large amount of community support should also help show that I am not a 'problem player', I am just a guy who wants to try and make the server a more enjoyable place in my own sort of way. Yes, it is different and weird compared to how some people play, but I think it is overall a lot of fun and everyone has a good time when they get to interact with me. That's the main reason I want to get the CO whitelist, to make the server more enjoyable for everyone on both the xeno and marine side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does XO pretty well - always good to have 'em under me when I CO. I see no reason not to +1. The story was quite enjoyable as well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In recent round I have played with Just L (XO) as an MP.

I would like to say, that I am not sure, if he will be unbiased towards MPs. During round, CO has commited Capital Crime (He killed his cat, which at the time of round, was considered Murder) and CMP received permission from High Command to arrest him (CO). Afte he (Just L) was told, that he is in charge he tried to pardon CO for murder ("CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "I pardoned the CO but they refuse to listen") Furthermore, instead of trying to look into the matter more closely, listen for MPs' motivation, he assumed, that MPs can or should ignore Capital Crime CO commited. He even encouraged marines to resist arrests (CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "No, only shoot if they shoot first.", CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "MPs are to be treated as enemies and that's all." CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "If they try to taze, kick their asses")

In my opinion, Just L may interfere a lot in MP department, just because he does not like MPs, without even trying to listen to MPs' side. And I would say, that Just L may be a bit unfamiliar with Marine Law. I have tried to be neutral, but Just L is free to correct me, if I was wring in anything, I said here, however, I will not reply to this thread again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    In recent round I have played with Just L (XO) as an MP.

I would like to say, that I am not sure, if he will be unbiased towards MPs. During round, CO has commited Capital Crime (He killed his cat, which at the time of round, was considered Murder) and CMP received permission from High Command to arrest him (CO). Afte he (Just L) was told, that he is in charge he tried to pardon CO for murder ("CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "I pardoned the CO but they refuse to listen") Furthermore, instead of trying to look into the matter more closely, listen for MPs' motivation, he assumed, that MPs can or should ignore Capital Crime CO commited. He even encouraged marines to resist arrests (CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "No, only shoot if they shoot first.", CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "MPs are to be treated as enemies and that's all." CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "If they try to taze, kick their asses")

In my opinion, Just L may interfere a lot in MP department, just because he does not like MPs, without even trying to listen to MPs' side. And I would say, that Just L may be a bit unfamiliar with Marine Law. I have tried to be neutral, but Just L is free to correct me, if I was wring in anything, I said here, however, I will not reply to this thread again.
    i was SEA that round i am going to say i tried to remind him his position and how that he can not do a pardon under marine law 14 times and how he should of came shipside straight away i was not aware of his situation about groundside but his failure to instate a Officer shipside to take over lead to operation failure i tried to instate a CMP or CE to run the operation till XO got shipside but i was limited to what i could do and it was to late at that point the round was completely foobar but im Staying natural at this time but i will ask a few questions and make one suggestion to Orlando'Florida'Blackburn read the wiki for XO in depth so you know what you can and can not do because you seemed like it was your first time as XO that round and i tried to tell you to ahelp the admins encase they job banned you because you were groundside the whole operation i will ask a few questions later on but i hope you improve on your experience and not repeat the same mistakes in that case i will take a look over your application more soon but at this time id suggest you play XO under another name until you get very good at the position and understand the role completely
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 04-13-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to support this application since you're competent especially as squad leader and staff officer. +1 good luck boi

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    I'm going to support this application since you're competent especially as squad leader and staff officer. +1 good luck boi
    I appreciate it, Cheng. If you have any particular advice for me, or more specific questions, let me know.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

No.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:

No.
    This is a major thing. Marine law is perhaps the biggest component of Captain. I will have to see you more as XO because you should be well aware regardless of your feelings the CMP outranks even the XO on marine law, especially in this case where the CMP had an arrest order from the Provost. There could be times as CO when the MPs have direct orders from HIGHCOM, we cannot have a CO that refuses to obey by higher orders. I will thus be remaining neutral.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my questions if you answer them to the best of your ability i might consider a +1

The round that you made a critical error staying groundside and let the ship fall to chaos What would you do differently to fix the round that happened?

Why should i even consider you a Captain with the history and experiences i had with you by far?

How can i know that you will learn from the mistakes you did and actually comprehend marine law?

if High command removes you as CO what will you do?

why did you think XO has the power to Pardon to begin with as well the power to be over high command?

Do you even know how to use a fax machine?

will you even consider taking helpful advise even from SEAs as like myself tried to advise you countless times and 14 times alone saying you can not pardon over Command Comms?

will you try to be more respectful to your colleges?

and if you even get the chance to be a CO how will anyone on this website alone know you will not be a Meme and Troll?

if you were a CO and your XO ship side died to a unknown reason what will you do in that event in the time period spending from the time you make your way to the Dropship and get back on board to cic?

i see many positive and negative votes especially about your application with minimum effort and a repost of another Denied application how do i know your even dedicated enough to lead a combat force?

Last question as a CO what would you do if a mutiny was declared and and you were removed as commanding officer and the XO was in command but your permissions were removed by the mutiny?

please be detailed with your answers

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The round that you made a critical error staying groundside and let the ship fall to chaos What would you do differently to fix the round that happened?

It wasn't a critical error, there was no way for me to get to the LZ safely. I made the correct decision staying at the well-defended and fortified FOB in the yard, rather than trying to get back onto the Alamo while xenos were harassing our back lines.

Why should i even consider you a Captain with the history and experiences i had with you by far?

I don't see how I am supposed to convince you of this besides pointing at the overwhelming majority of responses in this thread that are all positive, including a number of people that changed their mind from negative or neutral to positive after communicating with me and seeing me in action.

How can i know that you will learn from the mistakes you did and actually comprehend marine law?

I know how marine law works. The new marine law has many issues that are still being worked out, including the ridiculous Jones=Marine law

if High command removes you as CO what will you do?

This depends entirely on the context of why they are removing me.

why did you think XO has the power to Pardon to begin with as well the power to be over high command?

I didn't think the XO had the power to pardon, I specifically said that "law is clearly thrown out the window if the CO is being arrested for shooting his cat"
    Do you even know how to use a fax machine?

Yes.

will you even consider taking helpful advise even from SEAs as like myself tried to advise you countless times and 14 times alone saying you can not pardon over Command Comms?

I do take advice.

will you try to be more respectful to your colleges?

I am quite respectful when it is deserved.

and if you even get the chance to be a CO how will anyone on this website alone know you will not be a Meme and Troll?

You can see in the thread and my previous app that very few players, if any, have taken issue with the way I play my character and roleplay. My previous app was denied for something entirely unrelated to the game itself.

if you were a CO and your XO ship side died to a unknown reason what will you do in that event in the time period spending from the time you make your way to the Dropship and get back on board to cic?

Tell one of the SOs to take charge of CIC while the MPs investigate what happened, then either

i see many positive and negative votes especially about your application with minimum effort and a repost of another Denied application how do i know your even dedicated enough to lead a combat force?

I have few negative votes compared to the positive ones, I don't understand this question.

Last question as a CO what would you do if a mutiny was declared and and you were removed as commanding officer and the XO was in command but your permissions were removed by the mutiny?

If the mutiny was declared, I would try to resolve it through peaceful means first instead of getting violent, specifically by asking the marines who are mutinying if they want to parley first. If I lose the mutiny, I'd probably shit talk a bunch but otherwise follow the rules.