Thread: Just L - Commander Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:

No.
    My vote may be considered biased and may contain a grain of salt as this applicant has a staff report against me,

No.

and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the questions you provided you did poorly especially if High command ask your removal you say depends and ect with other reason im giving you a -1 on your CO app

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This recent behaviour really turns me the wrong way, I have no personal grudge against you man. I enjoy playing with you. But I cannot tolerate this kind of neglect to ML and duty. I’m going to be changing my vote to Neutral for now. Please show me that you can improve on this attitude.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    In recent round I have played with Just L (XO) as an MP.

I would like to say, that I am not sure, if he will be unbiased towards MPs. During round, CO has commited Capital Crime (He killed his cat, which at the time of round, was considered Murder) and CMP received permission from High Command to arrest him (CO). Afte he (Just L) was told, that he is in charge he tried to pardon CO for murder ("CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "I pardoned the CO but they refuse to listen") Furthermore, instead of trying to look into the matter more closely, listen for MPs' motivation, he assumed, that MPs can or should ignore Capital Crime CO commited. He even encouraged marines to resist arrests (CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "No, only shoot if they shoot first.", CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "MPs are to be treated as enemies and that's all." CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "If they try to taze, kick their asses")

In my opinion, Just L may interfere a lot in MP department, just because he does not like MPs, without even trying to listen to MPs' side. And I would say, that Just L may be a bit unfamiliar with Marine Law. I have tried to be neutral, but Just L is free to correct me, if I was wring in anything, I said here, however, I will not reply to this thread again.
    Right, I won't outright -1 this until I get an understanding on what lead you to do this.

First, why did you try to "Pardon" the CO, and treated your MPs like garbage, knowing that they were acting under HC's orders ? (Your side of the story basicly)
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll switch to neutral for now

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't seem ready to handle CO based on your actions as XO.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    Right, I won't outright -1 this until I get an understanding on what lead you to do this.

First, why did you try to "Pardon" the CO, and treated your MPs like garbage, knowing that they were acting under HC's orders ? (Your side of the story basicly)
    My reasoning behind what I did was that I thought that arresting the CO for shooting Jones was so ridiculous that I thought it was some sort of admin event or the MPs being shitty. I treated the MPs poorly because they treated the CO poorly, my job as XO is to ensure that the operation goes well, and I saw what the MPs were doing as a threat to the operation, as everything the MPs did that round instead caused chaos and discord among the marines instead of upholding order and operational security. The MPs also treated me poorly, refusing to understand that there was no clear path for me to get back to the LZ and doing little to assure myself or the marines that they were not going to arrest me when I returned to the ship, or continue to harass the marines and put their lives at risk.

The way that I play my character is that I always put the safety of the marines above all else, and the MPs that round were putting well over a hundred people at risk by arresting the CO over something so ridiculous that I actually thought it was an admin's decision to let it happen for some silly 'event' purposes. For IC reasoning, my character does consider the marines to be more important than the MPs in most situations, as the marines are actually putting their lives at risk fighting CLF, UPP, and xenomorphs on a frequent basis, and Blackburn canonically is a Delta Squad Leader, so therefore he has a bad relationship with the MPs as it is. I have been very consistent with my character's view of MPs over the 3+ years I have been playing on this server, he does not like WY and he does not like the MPs. You can even see it on his character sheet.

I deliberately said that I know I cannot pardon the CO, as I said in response to the PO and SEA saying that I can't do that "If the CO is being arrested for shooting his cat, then law clearly is out the window at this point".

The new marine law test was occurring that round, and for whatever reason it is listed in the new ML that Jones is equivalent to a marine, but it is worded so poorly that it is unclear if the CO can be arrested for shooting his own cat or not. The wording on that specific clause was so poor in fact that it was changed almost immediately after the round ended, I have the screenshots showing the before and after of it.

This was before/during the round.

This is after that round.

Therefore, I do not think that I should be held accountable for poorly worded marine law that is currently undergoing a rework, especially when that clause was reworded the round after it actually was used because the clause is so absurd. As it says in my app I find that 'current/old' marine law is a mess, and this only supports my viewpoint further that marine law is needlessly complicated and full of abusive loopholes that allow MPs to grief.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tried to pardon the CO even though you say you understand ML and later threaten your MPs?

I'll be -1 now.

Great leader and sure you can bring marines to victory but not knowing how ML works as XO? CO isn't above the law and you not understanding it isn't a great sign lad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    You tried to pardon the CO even though you say you understand ML and later threaten your MPs?

I'll be -1 now.

Great leader and sure you can bring marines to victory but not knowing how ML works as XO? CO isn't above the law and you not understanding it isn't a great sign lad.
    I specifically said that I know that the XO cannot pardon people, I also said that I think marine law is thrown out the window if the CO is being arrested for shooting a stray cat. I understand it quite well, I also think it is very much broken and full of bizarre inconsistencies and clauses like the 'Jones is actually a marine' clause.

But I can understand your viewpoint, and I am open to discussing it if you think I don't understand the law.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sorry if any of this formats wrong using iphone* in Marine law if you look under capital Crimes murder and non authorized execution the definition is killing someone with a malicious intent this includes sythetic units i can see you point of view but murder is still murder even with non life Ai On a normal examination you could get the idea it carries over to animals under the case of the description saying someone and mentioning AI syths and another reason they would enforce the rules with murdering animals is to not put a bad influence on their server because of ethics because they don’t want to influence a 13 year old to join the round for the first time and see a announcement and kill their pet based on it if you get the idea ehat im trying to get to and ect im not trying to be offensive but under marine law it basically states murder is still murder regardless of life or a synth
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 04-13-2020 at 06:59 PM.