User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Just L - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now concerning you knowing marine law I believe you may know parts of it And not know other parts like everyone but you knowing marine law is essential and a good way to master it is playing MP but in my opinion you need experience playing XO under another name and get used to the role like i said that was the first time seeing you as a XO so i have no idea how good or bad you are as a XO but id like to see you improve on that and ill change it to a +1 but for now its -1
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 04-15-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read the feedback so far and have witnessed you as XO in a previous round that I was present in. I will be moving my vote to NEUTRAL for now until I get a clear understanding of your knowledge and ability to follow Marine Law and Server Rules in general.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switching my vote to NEUTRAL until I can see more of you at Military Police roles so you can get a better understanding of the New ML.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-16-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play MP and CMP more. I'd suggest a few rounds as MP and then some as CMP. If you have questions about marine law you can PM me because I like playing MP roles, and Nanu, the guy who made marine law, you can talk to him about it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like some of you have an issue with the way I behaved during that round. I am more than welcome to discussing whatever issues you may have had with it, as long as you also listen to my side of the events as well.

What Rals says does not tell the entire story of the round, which was completely and utterly ridiculous as a whole.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    It seems like some of you have an issue with the way I behaved during that round. I am more than welcome to discussing whatever issues you may have had with it, as long as you also listen to my side of the events as well.

What Rals says does not tell the entire story of the round, which was completely and utterly ridiculous as a whole.
    I understand you are not a fan of MPs, but playing a few rounds as an MP to see their side could really help

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    I understand you are not a fan of MPs, but playing a few rounds as an MP to see their side could really help
    Oh, I know. I play sec mostly on other servers, so I know how much security gets shit on. I feel that what I did in that round was entirely justified by the absurd situation that was going on at the time. Would you like to see the summary of events in the round that led to me doing things that would otherwise be entirely unreasonable as XO?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Oh, I know. I play sec mostly on other servers, so I know how much security gets shit on. I feel that what I did in that round was entirely justified by the absurd situation that was going on at the time. Would you like to see the summary of events in the round that led to me doing things that would otherwise be entirely unreasonable as XO?
    I personally would.

Also, stop voting neutral, either vote -1 or +1 or get the fuck out, neutral doesn't help the council, thanks.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What swag said ^^^^
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I personally would.

Also, stop voting neutral, either vote -1 or +1 or get the fuck out, neutral doesn't help the council, thanks.
    Thank you. I will copy and paste what I have written in another thread, as well as what the CO of that round, Dismas Hind, said about the events as well. I will add on some further information where I feel it is needed.

Rals is not giving the full description of the event, and I do not appreciate Forest effectively shitposting in here either.

Summary of events:

I will preface this with the note that I did read the new marine law twice over before this round. I remembered everything I could about it, but I forgot the 'Jones is equivalent to a PFC' clause, which is just an incredibly silly law to have.

Dismas Hind was the CO and I was the XO. We discussed potential plans for Prison Station shortly after the round started, and ended up going with the general idea of securing the yard as our main FOB instead of the LZ, and then having Delta and Charlie sweep west towards civ residences.
    I made a few jokes about how there were 'important political prisoners' on the station as the reason for why we are sweeping towards the civilian residences, and made a few announcements about it.

The marines seemed to think the announcements were humorous, as was my intention with them. CIC starts to fill up with staff officers, so I suggested to the CO to have one of us deploy to help oversee the operation, since we both recognized that having light fortifications at the LZ and focusing entirely on the yard was somewhat different than standard 'meta' for the map. The CO suggests I go down while he leads the op, and then we go and give briefing. For some inane reason a staff officer runs over to where the CO is, calls him a 'fag', and then proceeds to window slam him repeatedly until he took enough damage to have audible pain stutter. He got BE'd after that, and the CO left for medbay to get some treatment while I gave briefing. Briefing goes well and the marines proceed to deploy to LZ1.

The marines then deploy via LZ1 and spread out, a few complaining about how they think it was 'dumb' to not build the FOB at LZ1. We eventually get all of the marines to the yard and max sec areas, where fighting breaks out at the chapel and one or two bravo squad members do most of the work building up the yard.
    I will add, also, that the yard FOB was more or less impenetrable, and the only reason it had to be abandoned was due to too many marines ungaing out and dying.

Later on in the op, I start hearing the MPs talk about arresting the CO, faxing HC, and some other stuff, as apparently the CO had shot his cat, and that is enough of a reason for the MPs to arrest him and claim that he was unfit to be the commanding officer.

At this point, I am in the yard FOB, as one of the only remaining jtac spotters (as said by the mortar operator and the CAS pilot) and thus I was making sure to play extremely cautiously. The last bio scan had shown that there were less than 10 xenos remaining, and I was confident that the operation would conclude smoothly from here on out, even without a de-facto CO. The mortar operator was doing extremely well this round, and they were instrumental in holding the yard FOB, so without any spotters we would have been screwed.

The MPs, a SEA, and a PO (who I am fairly certain was being played by Hunk1, one of the staff members who allowed the MPs to arrest the CO) start yelling at me on the comms about how I am breaking marine law by not coming back to take the CO's place, even though the way back to LZ1 was lightly defended with only around a single layer of cades in most positions, as well as numerous reports of the xenos and even the queen trying to probe out back line. For this reason, as well as the fact that the MPs seemed to be going absolutely bonkers up on the Almayer, I made the decision to stay on the ground and continue leading the operation from there.

I stated multiple times that 'Since the CO is being arrested for shooting his cat, the law is clearly entirely out the window now' after saying that I pardon the CO of his crimes. Yes, I know the XO cannot pardon people. My OOC and IC knowledge at the time did not have 'Jones is actually a PFC in terms of marine law'.

Eventually, I do manage to make it back to LZ1 and state "I will shoot any MPs that get within 5 feet of me" as I had still been hearing reports of the MPs doing numerous ridiculous acts on the ship, as well as the RO apparently being shot for some reason.
    Justifiably, I am concerned about going back to the ship, but I do so against my own better judgement. The moment I step off of the Alamo, the CMP says he is arresting me, and I spend the rest of the round in the brig, while the aliens work their numbers back up to well over two dozen, hijack the Alamo, and then kill everyone on the Almayer. I tried to activate SD and evac, but I got the message to 'wait 94 minutes before trying to activate SD again', which was just incredibly confusing.

While I was in the brig, the SEA starts telling me in LOOC that I might be getting a job ban for what I did this round and that I should ahelp about it, which felt like he was trying to antagonize me, as all I was doing was acting with the information I had available to me and trying to do the best job I could in a completely nonsensical situation.

This whole situation could have easily been resolved if the MPs weren't so hungry to get CO arrests, if the staff members involved just responded as HC and said 'Detain the CO after the operation', and if there was not a completely absurd and 'LRP' law in marine law that treats a cat as equivalent to a soldier.

According to what I read, Hunk1 was in the round itself, and he was fully capable of seeing the full situation as the CAS pilot, as he had access to most of the comms channels that the events were discussed on, as well as being able to investigate it as a mod.

As I said in my previous post, the law/clause in question was worded so poorly that it was changed IMMEDIATELY after the round ended, as the law previously stated that the CO can execute anyone who kills Jones, not that the CO can be arrested for killing his own cat.

Dismas Hind's Summary of Events

Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    I will give my two cents from my perspective

I was CO, yes I BE'd one of my LTs when briefing was about to start at hangar and yes I killed my cat midway OP, basically my ruling behind sacrificing Jones was 0.64% DEFCON left for cryo troops which was mind numbing for everyone in CIC so I told to myself 'Does Jones count to the body pile?' So be it.

I start to drag Jones corpse to morgue as CMP tells me what I did was Illegal, keep in mind by the time of the events I forgot that Nanu's ML stated that Jones was a marine, ergo killing it was a capital crime, so I thought they were taking a banter at me, also IC and OOC I was really fucking desperate to get DEFCON 3 [I even faxed HC to just give us DEFCON 3 since it was already at 0.64% but alas, no answer] since we were getting on those sweet xeno stalemates that drag on a lot.

Then probably CMP faxes to Provost and their ruling is to put me in my office and make me unfit for command so CoC forces XO to reach CIC and take over, at this point I was so tired of all the stuff surrounding me, the Operation was at a stalemate dragging on, and now MPs force me to not lead the operation as effectively as I was in CIC, monitoring any possible xeno positions etc. That I say in LOOC:'Cryo me, I have better things to do' and I disconnect

I'll admit that killing Jones was a silly thing but turning it into a whole shitshow just made things more burdersome for me, I find jobbanning the MPs excessive as they were following ML, I am only stating my perspective of the events, not dictating punishments.

From there on out I get possibly cryo'd as I was already useless sitting in my office with three MPs staring at me, so I cannot confirm whenever or not the events after me throwing the towel are true or not.
    Yes, it is silly to kill Jones for DEFCON, but the round was grinding to a halt as Dismas said, and it is slightly justifiable to shoot the cat if he believed it would give the half a percentage of DEFCON we needed for DEFCON 3 cryo reinforcements. All I did was act to the best of my abilities with the information I had available, I do not feel that I should be judged as 'breaking marine law' when marine law is currently undergoing a rework and is still full of loopholes, bizarre clauses like the 'Jones is a Marine' clause, and while MPs are still hungry to arrest whenever possible.
    Last edited by Just L; 04-15-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Fixed a few typos and added some more info