User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Im boutta head out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming from a complete outside perspective this seems like a classic case of "I have too much shit on my shelf" regarding Emerald. You can only handle so much responsibility when you have such a general role of "Staff Manager" that does so much shit. The behaviour of Emerald directly interfering with the round by spawning in stuff for herself violates the nature of staff not interfering and letting the round play itself out pretty badly. Instead of severing off one side of either "clique" by "finishing someone off", perhaps it would be better to mediate it out.

Despite all of her competent coworkers trying to give her valid advice that perhaps spawning in items, killing a marine, and interfering with the round is wrong and STILL ignoring it is arrogant leadership.
    If you say one thing and the other dozen people on your team go against it, perhaps you should clear your mind and listen to them. After all, they are doing nothing but trying to help and they are your trustworthy team members so they deserve your attention towards their opinions.

It would be in my opinion that Emerald is showing this behaviour because she is finally cracking from all of the responsibility "All of this drama is causing me physical problems in my life" and the pressure that comes from it. Emerald was basically thrown into her current role after staff shifted, but even then stress is not a valid excuse for her actions. She should be able to see herself that she either needs help handling issues, or is not fit for the job and do something about it. Now I am only aware that there are staff meetings but I have no idea what goes on in them, but if it isn't already happening I would be bringing such issues to the table during these meetings and hearing the opinions from everyone as to how to handle it. And if the two people from the cliques mentioned are in that meeting, pull them aside first and genuinely talk to them, mediate, and come to a compromise like adults. If the two parties can't come to a compromise so they can act like members of the same team then work on alternatives. I won't go into detail but that is the job of a MANAGER, to MANAGE your team members and keep them on track. Not to burn and "out" another member just because it would be easier. Everyone can be like sweet little angels when they come in as a trial member of the staff team, but of course drama is going to pile up, and it's up to a manager to keep things running smoothly. We're all human here.

So all I'm saying is play devil's advocate a little, put yourselves into Emerald's shoes to see how we got here, but let's not also ignore what could be done better here. Apologies if I am getting anything wrong, I am a complete outsider that is relying on the fact that the information Zane posted here is 100% true and unbiased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    I just don't understand why I'm lumped in with wintercloud. I know Aceluke from Paradise. I played Sniper Elite4 with Cry twice. I honestly had Amaxin on ignore for the llngest time with discord for something I can't even remember but it was a really bad day involving death. I literally talked to Wintercloud the most ever this morning in the CM gneral.. Outside of that. Uh. Msay?

All i was doing was enforcing a rule we used to have but it got overlooked during rule changes a number of months back. If some metagroup is around to shit on you please don't associate it with me. But I'd also like to see less people complaining in other discords because they were doxxed by sleep/zane. Take that with a grain of salt. You look at someone funny and they complain about being doxxed nowadays. Either way goodluck at TGMC or however its spelled. You did plenty of work here and it's shit to see you n' the other lad go. Just don't lump me with other people just because we're staff or exists in another SS13 discord though please.
    Pause, where did doxxing come from?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drip or drown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this is become a full fledged discussion, I'd just like to point out that Spookydonut was removed because of similar behaviour (exploiting head privileges to fuck with a round, as reported in https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=19134 and https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18800), even though he had made some pretty major contributions to the server, specially that gooncode and lighting port.

Now we have EmeraldBlood, who not only abused admin powers to fuck with a round (killing a player for trying to shoot an antagonist) but also used their position to keep the staff team itself shut about the issue, and what does she get? Nothing. And apparently "working hard for the server" can be used as an excuse.

I'm not saying Spooky didn't do anything wrong, in fact it's completely rational to remove someone from head for it. What I'm trying to point out is that a very similar case happened with Emerald but she wasn't punished in the slightest. Managing might be hard, but it isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card. A just punishment should be given; we have a lot of staff members and I won't shed a tear if one person has to be scolded or removed to ensure shit doesn't happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn�t a discussion thread, it�s a good bye post, please don�t clog this shit up
    Last edited by z a n e b o t; 02-05-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolosopher View Post
    Since this is become a full fledged discussion, I'd just like to point out that Spookydonut was removed because of similar behaviour (exploiting head privileges to fuck with a round, as reported in https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=19134 and https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18800), even though he had made some pretty major contributions to the server, specially that gooncode and lighting port.

Now we have EmeraldBlood, who not only abused admin powers to fuck with a round (killing a player for trying to shoot an antagonist) but also used their position to keep the staff team itself shut about the issue, and what does she get? Nothing. And apparently "working hard for the server" can be used as an excuse.

I'm not saying Spooky didn't do anything wrong, in fact it's completely rational to remove someone from head for it. What I'm trying to point out is that a very similar case happened with Emerald but she wasn't punished in the slightest. Managing might be hard, but it isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card. A just punishment should be given; we have a lot of staff members and I won't shed a tear if one person has to be scolded or removed to ensure shit doesn't happen again.
    This is what's getting me the most, we've already had a case like this in the past and it was dealt with rather well. Now we have the same sort of thing here and now we're looking at a complete failure to handle the situation completely. The issue quashed and some of the staff are rallying to the small groups they have formed. The whole thing is a shit show and the server's core issues are coming to light again and in a worse way. We already got favoritism and extremely inconsistent handling of the same policies and it keeps repeating itself over and over all the while people have asked for a more consistent and transparent system.

Not to say the whole of staff is bad but it's getting out of hand and the drama never ends. From Feweh being an arsehole in a stupid way, (surprisingly the least of anyones concerns tbh), Apop's "taste" in some extremely questionable shit. Raz's, well what was with Raz as it was never explained that well. All I got was that he was not exactly into criticism, (take that with a bucket load of salt and actually explain this to me because to be honest I have no clue behind this one). Spook's admin abuse that got him booted from the team and now Emerald's abuse now being covered for.

I personally don't give a flying fuck if one person is lynched for this but the consistency has become a big problem that I can't get my head around. Not to mention the game is taking massive turns all over the place and it being a hit and miss affair from Marine law to directionless mechanics, making this game increasingly hostile to actually want to play in without a complete shit show some point every week.

Also PS: it's not doxXing it's doxing. Before I bludgeon you with a rabid CM forum more robust than a toolbox filled with HEFAs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z a n e b o t View Post
    This isn�t a discussion thread, it�s a good bye post, please don�t clog this shit up
    You kinda said loud what everyone was keeping for themselves, no surprise it is turning into a discussion. Well, you plurial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    This is what's getting me the most, we've already had a case like this in the past and it was dealt with rather well. Now we have the same sort of thing here and now we're looking at a complete failure to handle the situation completely. The issue quashed and some of the staff are rallying to the small groups they have formed. The whole thing is a shit show and the server's core issues are coming to light again and in a worse way. We already got favoritism and extremely inconsistent handling of the same policies and it keeps repeating itself over and over all the while people have asked for a more consistent and transparent system.

Not to say the whole of staff is bad but it's getting out of hand and the drama never ends. From Feweh being an arsehole in a stupid way, (surprisingly the least of anyones concerns tbh), Apop's "taste" in some extremely questionable shit. Raz's, well what was with Raz as it was never explained that well. All I got was that he was not exactly into criticism, (take that with a bucket load of salt and actually explain this to me because to be honest I have no clue behind this one). Spook's admin abuse that got him booted from the team and now Emerald's abuse now being covered for.

I personally don't give a flying fuck if one person is lynched for this but the consistency has become a big problem that I can't get my head around. Not to mention the game is taking massive turns all over the place and it being a hit and miss affair from Marine law to directionless mechanics, making this game increasingly hostile to actually want to play in without a complete shit show some point every week.

Also PS: it's not doxXing it's doxing. Before I bludgeon you with a rabid CM forum more robust than a toolbox filled with HEFAs.
    I 100% disagree with what you put here.
    It was not dealt with at all. The first incident was already an issue and we had a second because it was not dealt with well enough.
    The person involved is still in resentment about the entire thing and I cannot imagine them thinking it was handled well.

1. I was not there for the Feweh stuff but he is a prime example of the super mario effect.
    Any normal community member would have been banned if we had evidence they had 16 reddit accounts that they used to hinder the community/server.
    The super mario effect comes from mario (feweh in this case) eating a mushroom and being empowered (becoming (high ranking) staff). Meaning that a hit that would kill him (get him banned) just makes him small.(a normal user) instead of dying.(Being banned)
    I was not there for the situation and have nothing against him. That is why the above is easy for me to say.

2. Honestly with the activity apop had it was quite obvious to me and multiple other staff people that he was showing signs of disinterest.
    The above cannot be proven but I had multiple conversations with staff and most people agreed that compared to his previous levels of engagement his levels were lowering already.
    Next up the stuff people say/think apop did is bullshit and almost any one knows it. And imo just the dram is what made him call quits in the end.
    And guess what 0 community support for the guy.
    What did staff do to handle it except just move onto Rahl?

3. Rahl was not explained well you say?
    Then how do you know how it was handled?

4. Technicly spooky was not booted from the team.
    The entire situation is also not something I would say was handled well. Imagine just one day coming into dev chat and seeing that stuff. Fearing for the future of CM.
    Both sides got dealt a shitty hand. And in the end neither side got what they wanted. But you still wanna call it handled well? I think the same as above still applies what I put in with Feweh.

5. If you do not know how it was handled then you cannot comment on if we are covering.
    It was stated as handled internaly. That can mean anything. Almost any admin who messes up get probation. Why should the same not apply to heads? Anyone on the server who get's punished has the right to privacy. Policy is and has always been that we do not reveal administrative action. We do not tell mods either if admins are on probation. We do not force any player to publicly admit to their faults. Almost everyone disagrees with them having done something wrong anyways. Why start that pointless discussion. You are not going to convince anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    We do not force any player to publicly admit to their faults.
    We don't have any real sense of accountability.*

FTFY.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestHybrid View Post
    We don't have any real sense of accountability.*

FTFY.
    Once more. You can be held accountable without public shaming.