0 Thread(s)
    bye robot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    do we need to show you how it was handled? well that's not for me to decide
    i'm not gonna make any comments on what I think handling this should have entailed but I will say this: if you handle something internally and don't publicly show how it was handled, people will assume it was handled poorly. this isn't a CM thing, this is just a fact of life and applies to any organization. If someone makes a complaint and the response is just "it was handled internally", everyone instantly assumes that it was handled in the worst way possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it Was handled.

What you want?
    public crucifixion? Well it's not in our style
    removing event rights from them? Well Em already rarely does events anyways, and won't feel like doing them for some time now
    have public speech where they say how sorry they are? Well not every person can write speeches like this, and I hope you know it
    removal from staff? then you just fuck them over a single day (hopefully) honest mistake when before they were performing just fine. Don't you think its too much?

was it handled internally? you bet it was

Of course the higher the rank the more you have to obey the rules you (sometimes yourself) set. I just doubt its in the best course of action to publicly lynch person who made few mistakes in a day while performing a OK all other time.

Also topic was closed to prevent flood in it

I see where's your heart lies, and trust me I have same opinion. I just have more trust in staff I work with and their ability to manage issues
    All we asked was for Emerald to accept her fault.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z a n e b o t View Post
    All we asked was for Emerald to accept her fault.
    Thanks.

I don't have anything else to say then.

See you later Bot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it Was handled.

What you want?
    public crucifixion? Well it's not in our style
    removing event rights from them? Well Em already rarely does events anyways, and won't feel like doing them for some time now
    have public speech where they say how sorry they are? Well not every person can write speeches like this, and I hope you know it
    removal from staff? then you just fuck them over a single day (hopefully) honest mistake when before they were performing just fine. Don't you think its too much?

was it handled internally? you bet it was

Of course the higher the rank the more you have to obey the rules you (sometimes yourself) set. I just doubt its in the best course of action to publicly lynch person who made few mistakes in a day while performing a OK all other time.

Also topic was closed to prevent flood in it

I see where's your heart lies, and trust me I have same opinion. I just have more trust in staff I work with and their ability to manage issues
    Buddy, it's like you didn't read a word I said.

You can address a situation of an admin violation without a public hanging, removing privileges, a long-winded apology or removal. I never even advocated for any of that, so read very carefully what I'm about to say.

They need to acknowledge that it was an admin violation, could've been handled better, and will be better in the future. They need to leave the conversation open and be transparent with the playerbase about what happened then and what will happen now, without ruling on their own case. They need to be consistent with how they address similar instances or issues in the future.

It's not asking much. It's just asking the bare minimum of their service to the community within a role that they volunteered for. To be transparent, consistent, and provide assurance this we aren't going to expect this kind of shit from Staff playing the game, especially Upper Management. That's not a public execution, that's owning up and being responsible for your actions.

And here's why just telling the playerbase it was dealt with is a sham of a response; it's intentionally vague. It's not even a real answer. When a player report or an admin complaint reaches its end, we are given not only the full context but a ruling on whether the player was even at fault. "It was handled" could mean Jamie actually did his job by having a conversation about Emerald's behavior and relaying that to the rest of the Staff team to set the example and standard. It could also have meant they didn't have a conversation at all and there's little to no expectation this won't happen again. We don't know because no one gave the playerbase a straight answer. I'm not debating severity of punishment, I'm trying to say they need to own up to their bullshit so we can move forward. How difficult is it to say, "yeah, after consideration, that was poorly done. My bad, we'll do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again."

You're free to have trust in them because they're your friends, just as I place trust in the handful of Admins and Mods I know who are doing their best to provide an honest and reliable experience to the playerbase. But the lack of transparency and the dismissive response from Jamie is something I find incredibly disconcerting. And it's also a series of actions I feel Admins lower on the totem pole would catch flak for from even Emerald if they did the exact same thing.

I didn't trust Apophis or Feweh when I was working with them, and not to draw parallels, but "it has been handled already" was their go-to line as well. I did trust SLC, though, because he was quick to acknowledge when something was handled poorly and could've been done better. There are Mods and Admins on your team now that have similar integrity that I respect immensely, and I would honestly hope Emerald and Jamie do their best to mirror them, because their responsibilities to the playerbase count for more than the average Staffer. Because as you can see, when they don't, they lose talented Mods.
    Last edited by WestHybrid; 02-04-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o7, will miss you lads even though I've been playing less
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bye zanebot.

Maybe some day staff will find another way to solve their issues without retiring in a drama thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you all realize the rules (and especially 0.1) are at fault for this whole clusterfuck? Admins aren't supposed to be a god-race but just players with the ability to enforce the rules, yet everyone and especially players should be able to point them out.
    But since rules are almost only subjective everyone is allowed to do whatever they want as long as someone in the staff sides them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand why I'm lumped in with wintercloud. I know Aceluke from Paradise. I played Sniper Elite4 with Cry twice. I honestly had Amaxin on ignore for the llngest time with discord for something I can't even remember but it was a really bad day involving death. I literally talked to Wintercloud the most ever this morning in the CM gneral.. Outside of that. Uh. Msay?

All i was doing was enforcing a rule we used to have but it got overlooked during rule changes a number of months back. If some metagroup is around to shit on you please don't associate it with me. But I'd also like to see less people complaining in other discords because they were doxxed by sleep/zane. Take that with a grain of salt. You look at someone funny and they complain about being doxxed nowadays. Either way goodluck at TGMC or however its spelled. You did plenty of work here and it's shit to see you n' the other lad go. Just don't lump me with other people just because we're staff or exists in another SS13 discord though please.