Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Im boutta head out...

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Am I a bad person for enjoying stuff like this?
    Nah, but boy do we need a PR person that can talk and doesn't let any shit explode

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Nah, but boy do we need a PR person that can talk and doesn't let any shit explode
    Dont look at me most of the forum hates me

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Dont look at me most of the forum hates me
    Pffft, yer not even a staff member.

But jokes aside, shit like this (not saying what, the leak, the report, the behavior of reported staff member, or this post) does not feel nice to people who work and spend their soul and time (instead of earning money or being with family) and are honest

I mean we all make mistakes (*COUGH* Zoom Bug, *COUGH* Some parts of marine rework like buckshot *COUGH*) but fuck...

this is some instant crucifixion and some instant pushback. It's like literally a drama Buckshot FF into (how many staff we have) 50 marines and I don't feel nice about how it's handled on all sides. And I'm a researcher that just deployed into frontlines because... OH GOD OH FUCK

But this is just my humble opinion.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pffft, yer not even a staff member.

But jokes aside, shit like this (not saying what, the leak, the report, the behavior of reported staff member, or this post) does not feel nice to people who work and spend their soul and time (instead of earning money or being with family) and are honest

I mean we all make mistakes (*COUGH* Zoom Bug, *COUGH* Some parts of marine rework like buckshot *COUGH*) but fuck...

this is some instant crucifixion and some instant pushback. It's like literally a drama Buckshot FF into (how many staff we have) 50 marines and I don't feel nice about how it's handled on all sides. And I'm a researcher that just deployed into frontlines because... OH GOD OH FUCK

But this is just my humble opinion.
    Honestly I read emeralds post and was like oh thats so overblown, then I red zanebots post and I was like woh thats some real shit, then I thought for a minute and was like I honestly have no idea whats REALLY going on so im not gonna judge anyone im just gonna have fun and laugh. No one on here except those on staff know whats really going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it feels like we need a mediator(s) whos' only function is to rule on situations like these where they have no bias or invested interest in the outcome. Like they have little to no power other than the fact that can handle stuff like this and issue rulings, probably pending the host input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCorazon View Post
    Sometimes it feels like we need a mediator(s) whos' only function is to rule on situations like these where they have no bias or invested interest in the outcome. Like they have little to no power other than the fact that can handle stuff like this and issue rulings, probably pending the host input.
    All internal investigations are bad. Especially considering this is a case of a Manager committing a series of violations and a Host being dismissive of their own staff trying to highlight the issue. It becomes a moot point when using "mediators," because they're always consisting of Staff and even if they did take a shot at investigating a complaint against a Host, VH or Manager, somehow those three roles still have the final say. This happened before with Investigators and we were often dismissed when we tried to handle admin abuse situations because Feweh would come in and provide a ruling anyway.

No one can be surprised when shit like this happens, because it's the same system and hierarchy developed by the prior fuckheads who abused their position and authority. Except it's looking more like Jamie's a passive pushover in this scenario while Emerald's at the wheel.

The powers that be need to not fall into doing the same shit Feweh and Apop were guilty of. This entire server unravels if they do. And you can't close Admin Reports the same day they crop up, especially on yourself. You don't get to be the judge and jury on your own report, that's outright madness.

It isn't a prospect of having a series of mods or admins or even players who can mediate or whatever. Jamie needs to better his judgement and be able to tell Emerald when they've gone wrong, or any Staffer for that matter.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that would�ve been nice when I suggested it 6 months ago, but sadly still has not happened.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so drama, Naiz.

:Sicko Mode time:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestHybrid View Post
    All internal investigations are bad. Especially considering this is a case of a Manager committing a series of violations and a Host being dismissive of their own staff trying to highlight the issue. It becomes a moot point when using "mediators," because they're always consisting of Staff and even if they did take a shot at investigating a complaint against a Host, VH or Manager, somehow those three roles still have the final say.
    You're right that any mediator is useless if they're simply ignored or overruled. It'd be a nice solution, but actually empowering a mediator would be difficult.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew this would happen the moment I saw Jamie and Emerald have matching pokemon avatars. I can overlook the incen mags because its not like Emerald is skilled enough to even use them properly. But defending a predator is lmao. I unironically ignore preds for the sole purpose of boring them to ghost in their ship. Thats how much respect I have for preds and I would kill pred sympathizing marines if given the chance.

I will lowkey miss the retarded clique inside jokes you guys spewed on Delta comms they made me laugh sometimes.

Also I dont actually hate preds its a meme.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 02-04-2019 at 06:38 PM.