Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestHybrid View Post
    -snip-
    But I mean the issue was minor.
    Was anyone affected by this spawned ammunition? Report result says no, internal investigation says "I'm internal, but you see the result".
    Should we basically hunt logs for any activity like that done by admin+ staff? (not even to speak that mods don't have access to data like this in real time and they have to actively be on their watch and visit log page). I think no, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay for others.
    Am I supporting of someone spawning items for themselves outside of what you can get easily (so, for example, excluding survivor starting kit if you spawn yourself as survivor) - fuck no.

But "spawning fire ammo that wasn't ever used in proper combat" being compared vs "creating 18 accounts and shitting on other servers + doing stupid shit consitently" vs "being accused of <redacted>" vs "disabling some internal var so that guy explodes on next claymore" vs ... is strange

I hope you see my point.

I mean stuff could've been handled better.

At the same time we lost 2 mods to a shitstorm caused over a misjudged (allegedly) EORG ban and spawning of some items that are not even used normally, all because we can't de-escalate.

The biggest issue I see is that in the end, two players are leaving our community, and instead of thanking them for their time here, we discuss staff politics, the topic that I hate.

And now I hate myself for what I just wrote.

Look what you've done. You made Neth sad

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope YOU can see how it is an issue that they aren't being held accountable for their abuse of position or that they can't even manage an apology for their total bumble fuck.

I hope YOU can see how allowing a clique of degenerates to actively try and get other staff removed is an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh yeah gonna have to agree that this situation is very very different compared to the Feweh stuff.

But regarding this particular situation, I trust that it was properly handled internally.

Also don't be sad Neth, we all love you!

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    The biggest issue I see is that in the end, two players are leaving our community, and instead of thanking them for their time here, we discuss staff politics, the topic that I hate.

And now I hate myself for what I just wrote.

Look what you've done. You made Neth sad
    You have to consider the circumstances and threads, Neth. Mine was a simple goodbye, whereas Zane's is an invitation to talk staff politics. It was inevitable, but a topic that needs to be discussed nonetheless. While toxic, in a sense, toxicity is sometimes required for a healthier outcome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I make a suggestion, open communication has been always welcome on the forums. Take it to a new forum thread for further discussion.

This is more of a goodbye thread for someone who has been in the community and hard working staff member, let's not derail that.

Godspeed Zane.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gone but not forgotten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Was anyone affected by this spawned ammunition? Report result says no, internal investigation says "I'm internal, but you see the result".
    Should we basically hunt logs for any activity like that done by admin+ staff? (not even to speak that mods don't have access to data like this in real time and they have to actively be on their watch and visit log page). I think no, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay for others.
    Am I supporting of someone spawning items for themselves outside of what you can get easily (so, for example, excluding survivor starting kit if you spawn yourself as survivor) - fuck no.

But "spawning fire ammo that wasn't ever used in proper combat" being compared vs "creating 18 accounts and shitting on other servers + doing stupid shit consitently" vs "being accused of <redacted>" vs "disabling some internal var so that guy explodes on next claymore" vs ... is strange
    [/I]
    If you can't hold your server admins, managers and hosts to a higher standard, and they choose to continuously dip into activities that border on or violate the rules they are there to provide and enforce, then that is a fundamentally broken team.

I will always take a stance against this kind of behavior, no matter who defends them or however minor they consider the issue, because every time I've seen it turn into a slippery slope. I have witnessed this team devolve into this kind of behavior twice now, and while I by no means believe Emerald to be as bad as Feweh, this is the kind of dumb shit he started off doing: abusing the verbs and spawning tools, closing reports and throwing their weight around on complaints against themselves. I'm not wrong in wanting to hold them to the coals for this kind of thing, and quite frankly, you should be doing so as well. Not to become a lynch mob and remove them, but to better their behavior so they don't do this sort of thing again.

No one ever believes their server is going to devolve into a bullshit circus while it's happening. There was a time when Paradise was actually a genuinely good place to be, and they're garbage now. CM has a genuine opportunity to continue to provide a decent, hard-working administrative team while promoting a playerbase that functions as a watchdog for abuse, but only if Managers aren't the offenders and no one is closing reports against themselves the same day they crop up. Silencing genuine admin complaints because "they've already been handled" isn't excusable. Spawning items for yourself is scummy. Call it out, and if you're the offending party, own up to it. Don't justify and bite around it just because you're defensive.

This server is reliant on the integrity of its individual parts. If you chalk things up to "it wasn't that bad," then you can sure as shit bet the next time something happens it will affect the playerbase more harshly. People will do dumb shit if you continually give them a pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well zane best of luck to you, as it stands CM really needs to get its shit together and unfuck itself quickly. Feweh, Apop, Raz now Emerald is in the firing line for questionable things. Committing that many rule breaks in a round should raise an eyebrow but the level of unabashed care for concerns raised should really raise brows, but then to toss around threats and shit listing people it's just sad. I'd personally would like to see more context behind this but it seems my decision to avoid discord like the plague was a good thing to be honest. The cliques are bad enough but when it heats up as much as this it really shows that the internal affairs are in the drain at times.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestHybrid View Post
    Silencing genuine admin complaints because "they've already been handled" isn't excusable. Spawning items for yourself is scummy. Call it out, and if you're the offending party, own up to it. Don't justify and bite around it just because you're defensive.
    but it Was handled.

What you want?
    public crucifixion? Well it's not in our style
    removing event rights from them? Well Em already rarely does events anyways, and won't feel like doing them for some time now
    have public speech where they say how sorry they are? Well not every person can write speeches like this, and I hope you know it
    removal from staff? then you just fuck them over a single day (hopefully) honest mistake when before they were performing just fine. Don't you think its too much?

was it handled internally? you bet it was
    do we need to show you how it was handled? well that's not for me to decide

Of course the higher the rank the more you have to obey the rules you (sometimes yourself) set. I just doubt its in the best course of action to publicly lynch person who made few mistakes in a day while performing a OK all other time.

Also topic was closed to prevent flood in it

I see where's your heart lies, and trust me I have same opinion. I just have more trust in staff I work with and their ability to manage issues